Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am we can and will talk about zippo lighters until the cows come home, as it should be
That was more directed at the crazy plasma thingy, than the humble Zippo. :D

I actually do occasionally use a Zippo slim that I've had since I was 14 to light my pipe. I actually find it easier to light a pipe with a normal zippo chimney than the pipe style. I am pretty weird though, so you can pretty much disregard everything I say.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Bigflo

The great thing about zippo is if you send in a lighter for repair and request a pipe insert they give it to you no charge. Love my Zippo’s for sure
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have a birthyear Zippo. I drilled my own hole in the chimney to turn it into a pipe lighter.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
GatorGirl

Bigflo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm The great thing about zippo is if you send in a lighter for repair and request a pipe insert they give it to you no charge. Love my Zippo’s for sure
I have done this!! Great company and great lighters!! All I use, unless I’m out of fuel then I use a match :thumbs:
Mikeb717

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 am I have a birthyear Zippo. I drilled my own hole in the chimney to turn it into a pipe lighter.

What size bit did you use I have a antique copper zippo I would like to do that to.
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Mikeb717

Mikeb717 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 am I have a birthyear Zippo. I drilled my own hole in the chimney to turn it into a pipe lighter.

What size bit did you use I have a antique copper zippo I would like to do that to.
Guess I could just measure one of mine that has the pipe insert duh :bang:
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
avid

i wonder if the metal is as stout as the old ones, might be a factor trying to start the bit
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mikeb717 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

I used a punch to make a dimple so the bit would not wander. I drilled a centered 1/4 hole on both sides and then put a stone ball thingy in the dremel to open it up. It works as well as the factory ones, but I think factory is a slightly larger hole.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I have two Zippos, one is plain Jane brushed chrome and one is my Travis Club Zippo. I really like that one. I'm pretty sure Finck doesn't offer these anymore, I wish they did. Neither of mine have a pipe insert.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:05 am I have two Zippos, one is plain Jane brushed chrome and one is my Travis Club Zippo. I really like that one. I'm pretty sure Finck doesn't offer these anymore, I wish they did. Neither of mine have a pipe insert.

i don't know what that is, but i like it
insufferable filter guy