Page 6 of 7

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am
by Preacher1611
avid wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am
Yesterday, in my haste, accdidentally over-filled my black Zippo pipe lighter, there were dripping flames all over me and the pipe...! :shock:

I did this once, got fluid all over my hand, dried hand, lit lighter, lit hand, smacked hand on leg to put out, lit pants. :lol:

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:44 am
by Preacher1611
I have three Zippo's and one knock off that has the Winston logo on it. I haven't used them in a long time, since I quit cigs. When I was smoking those, I always had a Zippo, always, in a little leather pouch on my belt. One of mine is a pipe lighter and I have used it, but I pretty much only use matches. I do keep a Bic around for relights.

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:38 am
by avid
Preacher1611 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am
avid wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am
Yesterday, in my haste, accdidentally over-filled my black Zippo pipe lighter, there were dripping flames all over me and the pipe...! :shock:

I did this once, got fluid all over my hand, dried hand, lit lighter, lit hand, smacked hand on leg to put out, lit pants. :lol:
More than once

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 am
by Kevin Keith
avid wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:38 am
Preacher1611 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am
avid wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am
Yesterday, in my haste, accdidentally over-filled my black Zippo pipe lighter, there were dripping flames all over me and the pipe...! :shock:
\ got fluid all over my hand, dried hand, lit lighter, lit hand, smacked hand on leg to put out, lit pants. :lol:
More than once
Once = more times than I care to remember probably!

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 pm
by avid
Kevin Keith wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 am
avid wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:38 am
Preacher1611 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am
\ got fluid all over my hand, dried hand, lit lighter, lit hand, smacked hand on leg to put out, lit pants. :lol:
More than once
Once = more times than I care to remember probably!
LOL

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:37 am
by Preacher1611
I've had my close calls playing with fire on more than one occasion: sometimes tobacco related, sometimes not. :lol:

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:26 pm
by avid
Image

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:45 am
by davidmackv
If you check out your local Wal-Mart, I bought standard Zippo pipe lighters there for 7 bucks.

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:04 am
by Chef Benny
Image

I can't believe no one has mentioned this awesome invention in this thread yet.. The butane pipe zippo insert. No stanky fluid.. No Flint issues.. I love this thing.. 15 bucks on Amazon. Works great.. Just sayin :thumbs:

Zippo 'pipe' lighters.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:58 am
by ncrobb
I had/have Thunderbird. When I first got it it worked erratically. I sent it back. The second one was worse than the first. I bled it, filled it, yada yada several times. I even threatened to shoot it on the old board. I robbed the flint out and threw it in a drawer. A couple months ago for the heck of it I bled it, filled it, put in a new flint and instead of the same yada yada crap it’s been working great. I still like my standard Zippos but the Thunderturd insert seems to be working now.