Show Us Your Pipe Rack

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm Image

Oh, wait, that's my humidor. You can see my most used pipe rack in the background, though. Not at from its best angle. :oops:
It reminds me of those "I Spy" books, where you can look at the picture and always find something new and interesting hiding in a little corner that you didn't see before.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 am
Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm Image

Oh, wait, that's my humidor. You can see my most used pipe rack in the background, though. Not at from its best angle. :oops:
It reminds me of those "I Spy" books, where you can look at the picture and always find something new and interesting hiding in a little corner that you didn't see before.
Waldo's in there, too.

I hadn't thought of my desk that way until you mentioned it. You should see the whole shebang. It's a total jumble panoply of detailed detritus and gewgaws willy-nilly piccadilly all over its scattered and bespattered topside. Whenever I'm looking for something I need, it's a total "I Spy" game. You're right. Don't tell Mrs. King I just said that. I always tell her I know where everything is.

At least I can find the cigars most of the time. :king:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Here is one of mine. It's an older Decatur that I snagged from ebay or etsy with the humidor jar in the center. I don't use the jar so baby groot sits there and guards the pipe galaxy
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm

At least I can find the cigars most of the time. :king:
They are probably the most important things there.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Maynard

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Maynard wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:15 am Image
That Native Indian is the bees knees!
The Troll Whisperer
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I made a spot in my computer desk for my pipes, tobacco and accessories, I have 15 pipes and all but 2 are Peterson. The first pipe I ever bought with my hardly earned money was a Peterson 80s Killarney and I've been hooked on Peterson ever since. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have your typical stand with the glass jar thing . I also made a wormy maple cabinet .. dovetailed , crown and with a ... heck , I can't remember the material for the interior back . It wasn't felt or velvet ... Kinda in between . I love my " Kaywodie rack " .. it has my favorite regular sized Kaywoodies on it and it's in my bedroom . I have a number of other smaller racks but they're in the barn not being used atm

ImageImageImage
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I need to dust the Kaywoodie rack .. lol .. It's pretty bad. The rack on the piano , I keep my 3 favorite Prince shape pipes and 3 other special pipes I lime to smoke ... an old Beuchers cob with white stem , an old Hilson Mondial block meer lined stack and the Kaywoodie Daafs pipe. I keep the killer killer pipes in the cabinet and I should have built it way bigger but it fit that space above the piano well
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:33 pm I have your typical stand with the glass jar thing . I also made a wormy maple cabinet .. dovetailed , crown and with a ... heck , I can't remember the material for the interior back . It wasn't felt or velvet ... Kinda in between . I love my " Kaywodie rack " .. it has my favorite regular sized Kaywoodies on it and it's in my bedroom . I have a number of other smaller racks but they're in the barn not being used atm

ImageImageImage
Love that Kaywoodie rack, and the wall cabinet you made is outstanding. I love the pipes against the black background.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt