Smoking Jacket

John

houtenziel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:01 pm
John wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:55 pm ... just wish it had more storage.
Get you one of these to go over it. It's even got loops over the chest for 5 pipes!
That's hillarious!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:24 pm
John wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:21 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:14 pm You could always have a bathrobe you put on over your clothes - not many pockets though...

You also might get some strange looks if you wore it out in town.
Or just maybe start a new fashion trend.
True that - you would fit in at Walmart with that now. I see people in pajamas and slippers there all the time.

I went there on Halloween to pick up some groceries for a family, and the employees and customers were all in costume. It was pretty weird.
Tom, I've been into a Wally World, doesn't sound weird and I'm not sure they were in costume. I've seen things....

On topic, I also vote bathrobe. Flip flops or jellies are the traditional footwear to accompany.
Maynard

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:14 pm You could always have a bathrobe you put on over your clothes - not many pockets though...

You also might get some strange looks if you wore it out in town.
Not at Walmart they wear there pj’s in there fit right in.
avid

As with many sartorial trends, classy articles of clothing are no longer in vogue, acceptable or even available, or barely available, any more. I think the smoking jacket is one example.

(Contrary to what some here would say-one in particular-a guayabera is not an acceptable replacement)
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 pm As with many sartorial trends, classy articles of clothing are no longer in vogue, acceptable or even available, or barely available, any more. I think the smoking jacket is one example.

(Contrary to what some here would say-one in particular-a guayabera is not an acceptable replacement)
They say, "Kevin, please don’t say guayabera anymore."

And when they say that I say guayabera, guayabera, guayabera, guayabera, guayabera, guayabera, guayabera, guayabera!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I saw smoking jackets for sale online someplace a while ago...they were pricey. 400 bucks and up. I have a coupla old cardigans for smoking in the den, and an old winter coat for outdoors this time of year.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
xrundog

I was watching eBay for smoking jackets for awhile. There is occasionally a really sweet vintage jacket available. But they usually go for high $$. Plus the sizes always run to small. But wouldn't it be cool to have a red satin quilted number with black lapels and cuffs? Makes a guy want to spring for a tasseled fez to go with it!
avid

Plus the sizes always run to small.
that is very common for articles i tend to look for
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Go big or go home, I say.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 pm Go big or go home, I say.

Go big and stay home with a smoking bed.