Beat the Heat!

Whalehead King

You should probably read the following advertisement in this voice:

I spend a lot of time in the threads that few people visit (the belt buckle forum, things like that), As some of you who visit those forums know, I've been cleaning out my office and discovering things I've forgotten about.

I forgot I have about 20 or so ziploc bags full of tobacco that I collected in what seems to be 2012 and before. This is good, aged, cellared tobacco.

For those who are reading this who don't me, there are probably more than two of you, I've been a pipe smoker for about 15 (?!?) years. I am friendly, through long association, with most of the long-standing members of PSF. We've been through a lot together.. Great bunch of guys. What they say about me, I don't know. My favorite tobacco for years was SWRA and I went through tubs and tubs of it. I used to also smoke a lot of LJ Piretti blends, since I first picked up the pipe in Boston a few transit stops away from Piretti's HQ. I'm the guy who went through a whole tub of M79 to test if it could be done, one bowl after another, back-to-back. It converted me to be a fan. Nowadays, I'm smoking a lot of Panama Jack tropical fruit Aros and hand rolled cigars, though no hand rolled cigar will ever beat the consistency and reliable flavor of a machine made cigar. You are now officially up to speed on Whalehead King. I'm a simple man.

Beat the heat this summer with a tasty selection of random tobaccos that have been aged in ziploc bags in New Orleans humidity for 5 years, or so. I am not gong to inventory them and list them here. If I didn't miss them for 5 years, there is no reason for me to remember them now. It has been my pleasure to be acquainted with generous friends and pen pals, so I've somehow acquired more tobacco samples than I ever knew I needed. You will get what you will get. That's what I've got.

Here's the deal:

PM me if you are interested in this deal. I will give you my address and you will mail me an empty shoebox. I will fill this shoe box with what I've got and mail it back to you. Once you receive it, you will inventory your new additions to your cellar and publish the list here on PSF. People can comment on whether they think you are a winner or if they think you are the opposite. I'm not looking for money for this, but I don't want to go looking for a box to ship this tobacco goodness to you. You supply the box and I will supply the contents. You'll be anxiously awaiting your box's return and you won't be disappointed when you open it.

If you are interested, PM me no later than midnight Central Standard Time on Saturday, June 22, 2019. You have two days to think about it. I will take the names, put them in a hat and decide who is the winner. Remember, you have to mail me an empty box first to receive this cornucopia. I want to make that clear.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fun stuff! My PM is on the way. Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 pm Fun stuff! My PM is on the way. Image
The clock is ticking........
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

[mention]Whalehead King[/mention] you're a hoot! From giveaways to stories to songs of the day, it's always a treat to see what you come up with next. Good on you for doing this :buddy:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 pm [mention]Whalehead King[/mention] you're a hoot! From giveaways to stories to songs of the day, it's always a treat to see what you come up with next. Good on you for doing this :buddy:
Thanks Mr. B. ;)

I'll admit that I'd like to see some new members who haven't been exposed to the usual WK folderol take part, but it's all going to be random. Names I receive will be placed in my summer top hat. Mrs. King will shake the hat while I am blindfolded. Only when these requirements are satisfied will I pull out the name of one lucky winner who will have the opportunity to mail an empty shoe box to New Orleans, crossing his fingers the whole time that he's going to get that shoebox back stuffed with a goldmine of good tobacco goodness.

My summer top hat:

My winter top hat is black and made of felt:

My summer top hat, like one of the three little pigs houses, is made of straw. I'll be using the summer top hat for this drawing.

Are you in, Mr. Beardsley? Are you lame or are you game? Wanna PM me to beat the heat? The list of qualified applicants is getting longer faster than I ever expected.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 pm [mention]Whalehead King[/mention] you're a hoot! From giveaways to stories to songs of the day, it's always a treat to see what you come up with next. Good on you for doing this :buddy:
Thanks Mr. B. ;)

I'll admit that I'd like to see some new members who haven't been exposed to the usual WK folderol take part, but it's all going to be random. Names I receive will be placed in my summer top hat. Mrs. King will shake the hat while I am blindfolded. Only when these requirements are satisfied will I pull out the name of one lucky winner who will have the opportunity to mail an empty shoe box to New Orleans, crossing his fingers the whole time that he's going to get that shoebox back stuffed with a goldmine of good tobacco goodness.

My summer top hat:

My winter top hat is black and made of felt:

My summer top hat, like one of the three little pigs houses, is made of straw. I'll be using the summer top hat for this drawing.

Are you in, Mr. Beardsley? Are you lame or are you game? Wanna PM me to beat the heat? The list of qualified applicants is getting longer faster than I ever expected.
I may shoot you a pm. Right now I'm working 70+ hours per week getting this job finished up (1am pacific and I'm back at work after an 11 hour day to bring more stuff to Vegas) Free time is at a premium nowadays

On topic, that is one sharp hat sir. You wear it well
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin