Yet Another Pete 314...Yep.

User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed May 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Got another Pete 314 to trade if anyone is game. Barely smoked. Has a little fill on the side, but other than that it's flawless. This one looks to be modern production, as the P-Lip is more squared off than the vintage ones. Somehow these things keep ending up in my possession, even though I am not a fan..

Hit me up if you have something you want to trade.

Image
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfishMaynard
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Here's a few more shots:
Image
Image
Image
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleMaynard
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2911
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Cowtown

Wed May 22, 2019 5:26 pm

That's a nice looking pipe!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
houtenzielThelonious monkfishMaynard
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm

If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMaynard
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm
If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMaynard
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed May 22, 2019 5:47 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm
If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Oh yeah I forgot about that part. It was a hard habit to break when I had my system pipes too
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Thelonious monkfish
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
rekamepip
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Hmmm ..................

what would a fella trade for a pipe such as that

all you got to do is say the word and i'll hit that blue button
Image
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 3):
houtenzielThelonious monkfishMaynard
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

rekamepip wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm
Hmmm ..................

what would a fella trade for a pipe such as that

all you got to do is say the word and i'll hit that blue button
Image
I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 4):
rekamepipThelonious monkfishKevin KeithMaynard
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2911
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Cowtown

Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm
rekamepip wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm
Hmmm ..................

what would a fella trade for a pipe such as that

all you got to do is say the word and i'll hit that blue button
Image
I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
What shapes are you liking these days? I have a few vulcanite, unfiltered pipes around here collecting dust.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Maynard
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm
If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Guys, if you haven't yet, try shoving a little wad of cotton in the well. Doesn't obstruct the draught and will last several bowls while keeping the well dry. I don't even get residue or any build up, just twist a pipe cleaner down there and it comes out.

If you still don't agree with it I might have some things for trade. Although I already have two, from you, what's wrong with us?

Image
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleyPeacockMaynard
Post Reply