Yet Another Pete 314...Yep.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Got another Pete 314 to trade if anyone is game. Barely smoked. Has a little fill on the side, but other than that it's flawless. This one looks to be modern production, as the P-Lip is more squared off than the vintage ones. Somehow these things keep ending up in my possession, even though I am not a fan..

Hit me up if you have something you want to trade.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Here's a few more shots:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

That's a nice looking pipe!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Oh yeah I forgot about that part. It was a hard habit to break when I had my system pipes too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Hmmm ..................

what would a fella trade for a pipe such as that

all you got to do is say the word and i'll hit that blue button
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm Hmmm ..................

I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm Hmmm ..................

I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
What shapes are you liking these days? I have a few vulcanite, unfiltered pipes around here collecting dust.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Guys, if you haven't yet, try shoving a little wad of cotton in the well. Doesn't obstruct the draught and will last several bowls while keeping the well dry. I don't even get residue or any build up, just twist a pipe cleaner down there and it comes out.

If you still don't agree with it I might have some things for trade. Although I already have two, from you, what's wrong with us?