I would like to post some barter.

User avatar
Crusty Cob
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm

Not sure if I'm "legal" yet. There were rules on the old site regarding when I could trade.

I did receive a cool stem for my cob from New York and a very generous package from Texas in past trades on the old site.

I have some items that may be of interest to some here but I want to make sure I'm good to go first.
This post by Crusty Cob liked by (total 4):
Thelonious monkfishKevin KeithKentuckMikeDennison
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:08 am

It's probably nothing, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm interested to see your baubles.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithKentuckMikeDennison
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 8344
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:46 am

Crusty Cob wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm
Not sure if I'm "legal" yet. There were rules on the old site regarding when I could trade.

I did receive a cool stem for my cob from New York and a very generous package from Texas in past trades on the old site.

I have some items that may be of interest to some here but I want to make sure I'm good to go first.
Go ahead and post it.

The rules here are somewhat more relaxed. We don't allow cash sales of tobacco, so that is trade only. The things posted have to be pipes, tobacco, accessories that are pipe related (knives count), etc. We counsel people to be careful in transactions over the internet and tell them not to be jerks. We are a community centered around pipe smoking and general appreciation of tobacco. Trades/sales are naturally just part of that community.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithThelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyKentuckMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2911
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Cowtown

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:39 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:46 am
I
Yeah, go for it.

Image
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Thelonious monkfishKentuckMaynardMikeDennison
User avatar
Crusty Cob
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Alrighty Then.

Round 1.

Backstory-- My neighbor saw me smoking a pipe one day. The next time I saw him he hands me a grocery bag with 2 pipe racks full of pipes inside. Apparently he bought a storage unit and the pipes were part of the deal. Now the pipes are nothing special but there is a big Savinelli and an pretty cool little Shalom Isreali pipe. The rest are unique enough to pique an interest. I'm going to offer them here. Every one of them has the same light floral (not Lakeland) ghost. Not sure if it is tobacco or something picked up in storage.

Without further ado...

Image

From left
#1 The pipe
#2 The Smoke
#3 Venturi
#4 and 5 The pipe

These have been lightly smoked. Probably not in 40 years. They do show some mileage from use and storage.

Shoot me a trade offer on what you like. Not looking for anything specific.
This post by Crusty Cob liked by (total 4):
Thelonious monkfishKentuckMikeDennisonKevin Keith
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Crusty Cob wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm
Alrighty Then.

Round 1.

Backstory-- My neighbor saw me smoking a pipe one day. The next time I saw him he hands me a grocery bag with 2 pipe racks full of pipes inside. Apparently he bought a storage unit and the pipes were part of the deal. Now the pipes are nothing special but there is a big Savinelli and an pretty cool little Shalom Isreali pipe. The rest are unique enough to pique an interest. I'm going to offer them here. Every one of them has the same light floral (not Lakeland) ghost. Not sure if it is tobacco or something picked up in storage.

Without further ado...

Image

From left
#1 The pipe
#2 The Smoke
#3 Venturi
#4 and 5 The pipe

These have been lightly smoked. Probably not in 40 years. They do show some mileage from use and storage.

Shoot me a trade offer on what you like. Not looking for anything specific.
Hey, Brylon guys, pique this! The Pipe can be cleaned in the dishwasher too, and probably the others, think they're all the same deal.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
KentuckMikeDennisonKevin Keith
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:49 pm

#1 looks like a Fr Tom pipe....
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomKentuckBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennison
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 8344
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm

I was thinking that too. I wonder what the bore ID is?
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennisonKevin Keith
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Crusty Cob
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm
I was thinking that too. I wonder what the bore ID is?
A penny onn edge just fits inside the bowl. Near 1.25 inches deep. All 5 pipes have similar construction.
This post by Crusty Cob liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 8344
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:11 am

Guys - these will be honorary brylons for ABC (August Brylon Challenge).
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 5):
Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonKevin Keith
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Post Reply