Cassillero 125 Rustic

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

So...my daughters, thoughtful as they are, do not heed their old man's words of wisdom so well. I've said repeatedly, I'd rather you spend your money on yourselves or each other rather than getting me anything for holidays, birthday, father's day, etc. This falls on deaf ears. I've also said if you DO feel an irresolute need to get me pipe-related things, I really don't need any gift or starter sets. Tobacco is plenty. Also falls on deaf ears. Don't get me wrong. It's lovely they find this important, and I'm always thankful. But sometimes I end up with things I don't want or need. Like the unsmoked rustic pipe below. Goes on P&C for $39.99. I'd love to trade it for any equivalent smooth pipe, or a couple pouches of pretty much any standard tobacco (except Half & Half), or a tin of something moderately better.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Middle Earth

Seems like a perfectly fine pipe
Why not just crank it up
I have many "family" gifts
Well meaning

I was stuck in my truck and fishing around for some tobac, and found something labeled "Morning Coffee" an aero to the max

For sure not down with aeros, but it was that or nothing
I will say a couple few years in the plastic bag, sitting in the truck, did nothing to the moisture
It was just like brand new due to the PG

So I lit it up
Behaved well
Taste was good
Have had it a coupke times since
Thankful for the gift
It was that or nothing
Thankful that I had another "holiday/B-day tie" to come in handy
Otherwise, I hope you can trade into a mutually beneficial deal
JTWilliams

Yeah, I thought I'd try to trade it out. If not, I could use another in-the-car pipe. Or "re-gift" it somewhere down the line.
"Holiday/B-day tie..." That's funny!
-The Big Lebowski
Bullwinkle

I would never trade or sell a gift from the kids or family.. They probably spent time finding the perfect pipe. Smoke it a few times and leave where they will see it.
JTWilliams

Bullwinkle wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm I would never trade or sell a gift from the kids or family.. They probably spent time finding the perfect pipe. Smoke it a few times and leave where they will see it.
That's a fine observation. Now I feel bad! :oops: :lol:
-The Big Lebowski