Non-filtered for Filtered

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm Is there a certain tabocco your trying to diffuse? Perhaps just smoke really low level blends, I still dont see.how you can smoke one bowl of something every so often with a filter and tell a difference in nicotine levels. I'm not at all trying to dissuade filters or filter pipes.
Case in point, 965: I love this stuff. Before filters I could feel the nic creeping in about halfway through a bowl. With a filter it barely comes on by bowl's end.

And just a word on lab studies. Of course actual numbers are likely different in the real world. But results is results, they do filter out nicotine. Maybe less, maybe more.
ever forward
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:16 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm What if you say "Word to your mother" and "Peace out, homes"?
I believe there may be far, far more to Fr. Tom than we have been aware.

They are not hipsters for sure.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

arturo7 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:18 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm Is there a certain tabocco your trying to diffuse? Perhaps just smoke really low level blends, I still dont see.how you can smoke one bowl of something every so often with a filter and tell a difference in nicotine levels. I'm not at all trying to dissuade filters or filter pipes.
Case in point, 965: I love this stuff. Before filters I could feel the nic creeping in about halfway through a bowl. With a filter it barely comes on by bowl's end.

And just a word on lab studies. Of course actual numbers are likely different in the real world. But results is results, they do filter out nicotine. Maybe less, maybe more.
Yo.

I don't think Vitamin N has a room note to diffuse, otherwise they'd be selling nicotine candles at Yankee Candles---more atmospheric than vaping!

If you are trying to defuse the nicotine hit from any blend you can do a lot crazier things than using a filter. I know a guy who put a slice of raw potato in his tins to absorb the nicotine. His Black XX Rope got moldy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I believe you may have built up some tolerance to that Blend. 965 is good and it's been years since I smoked it. I don't remember it to be that strong.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:45 pm

I believe you may have built up some tolerance to that Blend. 965 is good and it's been years since I smoked it. I don't remember it to be that strong.
Good grief..
I was out.. trying to hold to avoid the whole "A fool uttereth all his mind" thing.. But Why is it so important that you convince a person who has already decided, based on his own experience, that they are wrong for enjoying something a certain way? You aren't really adding anything constructive.. just move along and let the poor guy trade his pipes.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:45 pm I believe you may have built up some tolerance to that Blend. .... I don't remember it to be that strong.
I think that's kinda the whole point of why Arturo wants to trade these pipes. He's sensitive. I don't mean that in a bad way. Far from it. I mean that he wants a filtered pipe. I don't blame him, however he chooses to justify his desires. A filtered pipe is a good pipe, as good as that dog that took out the leader of ISIS.

Has anyone PM'd [mention]arturo7[/mention] for a trade or have we all been taking valuable real estate on this thread with our usual shenanigans for no good reason?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:45 pm I believe you may have built up some tolerance to that Blend. .... I don't remember it to be that strong.
I think that's kinda the whole point of why Arturo wants to trade these pipes. He's sensitive. I don't mean that in a bad way. Far from it. I mean that he wants a filtered pipe. I don't blame him, however he chooses to justify his desires. A filtered pipe is a good pipe, as good as that dog that took out the leader of ISIS.

Has anyone PM'd [mention]arturo7[/mention] for a trade or have we all been taking valuable real estate on this thread with our usual shenanigans for no good reason?
I think it's the latter and I doubt he wants a brylon because that's all I have that takes a filter.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Good grief..
I was out.. trying to hold to avoid the whole "A fool uttereth all his mind" thing.. But Why is it so important that you convince a person who has already decided, based on his own experience, that they are wrong for enjoying something a certain way? You aren't really adding anything constructive.. just move along and let the poor guy trade his pipes.
That's your take on it. I'm not trying at all to prevent anything.
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Just a lively debate on the efficacy of filters is all I see.

I would suppose that for someone who has a high nicotine tolerance and smokes an amount >X, filters have no value. But myself, with low nicotine tolerance and smoking an amount <X, they do.
Last edited by arturo7 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever forward
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:57 pm Has anyone PM'd [mention]arturo7[/mention] for a trade or have we all been taking valuable real estate on this thread with our usual shenanigans for no good reason?
Since when do shenanigans need a good reason?

WWMHD?
ever forward