Non-filtered for Filtered

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am
arturo7 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:26 pm Your Lordship, yes, I'm looking for pipes that take filters, preferably 6mm.

2 for 1, 2 for 2, 1 for 1, 1 for 2, it doesn't really matter.

I'm a nicotine lightweight, this is why I'm looking for filtered pipes. I really like the pipes I'm trading away, but I just don't smoke them anymore.

As for vermouth in a martini, I prefer it to be dispensed from a spray bottle held about three feet away from the glass.
Filters do not change nicotine levels.
Hipster.
:lol: :clap:
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

arturo7 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:26 pm Your Lordship, yes, I'm looking for pipes that take filters, preferably 6mm.

I'm a nicotine lightweight, this is why I'm looking for filtered pipes. I really like the pipes I'm trading away, but I just don't smoke them anymore.

As for vermouth in a martini, I prefer it to be dispensed from a spray bottle held about three feet away from the glass.
Hipster.
A fair amount of free nicotine is carried in the tar and particulate matter in smoke. The moisture in the smoke tends to make this particulate heavy and is usually the first part to drop out on to the filter surface. So yes, filters do change the level of nicotine in the smoke that actually exits the stem into your mouth.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:20 am

Hipster.
A fair amount of free nicotine is carried in the tar and particulate matter in smoke. The moisture in the smoke tends to make this particulate heavy and is usually the first part to drop out on to the filter surface. So yes, filters do change the level of nicotine in the smoke that actually exits the stem into your mouth.
Back to reality please.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am Filters do not change nicotine levels.
Hipster.
Back to reality please.
Hey man.. I am totally fine that you don't like filters.. but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

Also, If I am not mistaken, just the other day you wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:08 pm There's nicotine in tobacco? Huh, coulda fooled me...!
So a person who has stated that they are completely insensitive to nicotine, is now suddenly the authority on nicotine management? You are quite the man of mystery.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:38 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Back to reality please.
Hey man.. I am totally fine that you don't like filters.. but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:08 pm There's nicotine in tobacco? Huh, coulda fooled me...!
So a person who has stated that they are completely insensitive to nicotine, is now suddenly the authority on nicotine management? You are quite the man of mystery.
In a laboratory sure, if your going to live by the results of scientific experiments, ,but in real life smoking? I don't think so. If nicotine knocks you on your ass a filter isn't your life raft. Next your gonna tell me water is wet.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 pm Back to reality please.

In a laboratory sure, if your going to live by the results of scientific experiments, ,but in real life smoking? I don't think so. If nicotine knocks you on your ass a filter isn't your life raft. Next your gonna tell me water is wet.
I'm out.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:52 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm

I'm out.
Fine! Be that way! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

What I want to know about is the pipe you scrubbed out of that picture. The shadow suggests a billiard or chimney stack.

What are you hiding, man?!!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm What I want to know about is the pipe you scrubbed out of that picture. The shadow suggests a billiard or chimney stack.

This is what I was wondering too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:49 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm What I want to know about is the pipe you scrubbed out of that picture. The shadow suggests a billiard or chimney stack.

This is what I was wondering too.
run along pay no attention
insufferable filter guy