Two Kaywoodie Saxons, Trade for something full bent?

Wooda
Founding Member

Just read this.
Just as well, I'm still supposed to be "downsizing"
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I think I've been downsizing since I started. Problem is, that pipe acquisition disorder makes downsizing kinda like the old "Frog in the well" math problem.
The frog is in a well 8 feet deep, he can climb 4 feet per hour, but after that he has to rest for an hour in which he slips back 2 feet... Apply that to pipe collecting, and you can could probably create a formula to describe the slow decent into the swirling vortex of entropy that the PAD path leads us toward.

In most cases it usually goes, for every pipe removed, add at least 1 pipe(and an additional 0.3334 pipes for every hour spent on a pipe retailer site that particular week).

So say I get rid of one pipe, and then proceed to spend 3 hours online that week oogling..
PR= pipes removed, HS= hours shopping, X= pipes I will actually end up with
X = PR+1(.3334 * HS)
1 pipe removed + 1 (.3334 * 3 hours shopping) = 2.0004 (we'll just call it 2 with the .0004 remainder for next surfing session).

So in this case I am in a reverse situation to the frog, given my proclivity for pipe shopping. The well only gets deeper.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

My head...is...exploding...with...math... :?
Ah fehgedabboudit! I'm just letting the vortex swallow me up. What a way to go! :awesome:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm My head...is...exploding...with...math... :?
Ah fehgedabboudit! I'm just letting the vortex swallow me up. What a way to go! :awesome:
Maybe [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention] should check his work for us. I don't have time because I'm looking for pipes. Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:11 pm
Maybe @Fr_Tom should check his work for us. I don't have time because I'm looking for pipes. Image
**Results not typical. Formula based on one persons average time expenditure online. Your ratios of pipes:surfing time may be higher or lower based on your susceptibility to rustication, silver bands, new fangled filtration systems, sales on Savinelli, and/or current levels of desire for briar. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Maybe @Fr_Tom should check his work for us. I don't have time because I'm looking for pipes. Image
I am told that the perfect number of pipes is "n +1" where n is the number you have now. That is an easier formula.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:36 pm
I am told that the perfect number of pipes is "n +1" where n is the number you have now. That is an easier formula.
Now that's the kinda math I can understand! So...that means...yes! I should get another pipe! :clap:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I better see some pictures of those bad boys burning on WAYS thread.. I mean.. with tobacco.. don't actually set the pipes themselves on fire.
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:22 pm I better see some pictures of those bad boys burning on WAYS thread.. I mean.. with tobacco.. don't actually set the pipes themselves on fire.
It'll happen! They arrived in yesterday's post. Looking forward to giving them a try!
Legion

Nice Peterson.

A Calabash just feels right in the hand for me. Though I do like the look of those short stubby straights with a thick shank.