Pete System 314 for sale or trade.

houtenziel

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:48 am

Yep, you knew it was coming. My experiment with system pipes/P-lip taught me a lot about how I like to smoke(some things I never noticed in 10 years of puffin). It needed to be done to crush that little leprechaun sitting on my shoulder, whispering about sump pipes and how boring fishtail stems are. In hindsight, I probably should have bought a Dr. Grabow Omega..
Any case, I offer up the Peterson System Standard 314, in practically new condition with original box and pipe sock. I was thinking $70 shipped, or perhaps(preferably) trade for something a little more vintage Americana. Threaded tenons, stingers, etc.. all welcome.

Here is the link to the full gallery:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1dovat9vy/
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 5):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticatedLegion
I like big buttons and I can not lie.
MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 pm

That's a really nice looking pipe, sir! You don't like the way it smokes?
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 3):
houtenzielRusticatedLegion
houtenziel

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
It smokes well as far as coolness and consistency of the smoke.. it's the ergonomics of the stem(P-Lip) and the unfortunate effect of dumping ash(which I am prone to do)when you have a moisture well in the shank. I have a tendency to bite the button on a fishtail when I clench, and I could never find a way to comfortably bite down on the P-Lip. I was constantly fiddling with it trying to find a place where it would stay, and it just wasn't happening. After about the 6th or 7th bowl of fiddling, I had to concede that it just wasn't meant to be. I could get a fishtail made for it, but then I still have the issue of moisture trap dumping into the stem or bowl when I tip the ash out. Might be a bad habit, but it's how I smoke and I don't see that changin'.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonRusticatedLegion
MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:50 pm

houtenziel wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
It smokes well as far as coolness and consistency of the smoke.. it's the ergonomics of the stem(P-Lip) and the unfortunate effect of dumping ash(which I am prone to do)when you have a moisture well in the shank. I have a tendency to bite the button on a fishtail when I clench, and I could never find a way to comfortably bite down on the P-Lip. I was constantly fiddling with it trying to find a place where it would stay, and it just wasn't happening. After about the 6th or 7th bowl of fiddling, I had to concede that it just wasn't meant to be. I could get a fishtail made for it, but then I still have the issue of moisture trap dumping into the stem or bowl when I tip the ash out. Might be a bad habit, but it's how I smoke and I don't see that changin'.
Oh man. Doesn't sound like it would be a good match for a drooler like me! :D
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 3):
houtenzielRusticatedLegion
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:28 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
houtenziel wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
Actually it probably would be good for droolers lol. The hole in a p-lip is more towards the top of the stem instead of on the end like a normal bit. The way it's positioned should keep it above the flood waters :lol:
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonRusticatedLegion
May contain lead paint
MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:28 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
houtenziel wrote:

Actually it probably would be good for droolers lol. The hole in a p-lip is more towards the top of the stem instead of on the end like a normal bit. The way it's positioned should keep it above the flood waters :lol:
Bwahahahahahaha!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
RusticatedLegion
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm

houtenziel wrote:
I was thinking $70 shipped, or perhaps(preferably) trade for something a little more vintage Americana. Threaded tenons, stingers, etc.. all welcome.
I kind of like that one and gave away my 69 not long ago, might have some trade fodder if you're interested.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
MikeDennisonhoutenzielRusticatedLegion
houtenziel

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm
houtenziel wrote:
I was thinking $70 shipped, or perhaps(preferably) trade for something a little more vintage Americana. Threaded tenons, stingers, etc.. all welcome.
I kind of like that one and gave away my 69 not long ago, might have some trade fodder if you're interested.
Shoot it my way. I am open to anything. :thumbs:
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonThelonious monkfishRusticated
ted
Old Timer

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Pete, You've done it to me again. If you find any trades from anyone that appeal to you, then by all means, take it.
If you don't find a trade then I'll gladly pay the $70. I like the 'P'.

This is my 'fodder'. I'll trade any 2 (plus the meerschaum for free) for the 314.

Starfire #19, Viscount #48, Viscount #85, Starfire # 25 with a factory repaired crack in the shank.
Alpha Israel Freehand, and a Savanelli 'Bings Favorite".

An aggravation is that my wife and I go to Florida for 5 months and we are right in the middle of getting ready to go. Any you pick may not be cleaned and sent for a few weeks. A check can go immediately.

Thanks for the offer.. ted
This post by ted liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonKevin KeithThelonious monkfishRusticatedLegion
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:17 pm

ted wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Pete, You've done it to me again. If you find any trades from anyone that appeal to you, then by all means, take it.
If you don't find a trade then I'll gladly pay the $70. I like the 'P'.

This is my 'fodder'. I'll trade any 2 (plus the meerschaum for free) for the 314.

Starfire #19, Viscount #48, Viscount #85, Starfire # 25 with a factory repaired crack in the shank.
Alpha Israel Freehand, and a Savanelli 'Bings Favorite".

An aggravation is that my wife and I go to Florida for 5 months and we are right in the middle of getting ready to go. Any you pick may not be cleaned and sent for a few weeks. A check can go immediately.

Thanks for the offer.. ted
That is some top notch fodder! :thumbs:
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennisonRusticatedLegion