Orlik De Luxe up for trade.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Spent some time with this one and decided that we aren't a match. If you didn't see my post in the LPP thread, this pipe was unsmoked when I got it. So far I have put at least a dozen bowls of non-aro through it. It does have some little dings here and there, and some very light surface scratches on the bowl from handling prior to my ownership.
Has the Dunhill style innertube stinger which extends all the way to the draft hole opening in the bowl(it's a perfect fit too, which you don't always see).

Orlik De Luxe, Shape L184
Length: 6"
Height: 1 7/8"
Chamber width: 3/4"
Chamber depth 1 5/8

Here is a link to the picture gallery of the pipe:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/23hfdnhf2/

(click to englarge)

Pipe or tobacco trade offers are welcome. As far as tobacco goes - Burley, VaPer, Lat/English, Lakeland, etc.. all welcome. Lancer's Slices and G&H Bob's Chocolate flake are two I am always on the lookout for. I am guessing the probability is pretty remote, but I've also been on the hunt for an African meer(Kiko, Jambo, etc).
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just for reference:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Not a lot of Orlik fans out there.
:tumble:
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:04 pm Not a lot of Orlik fans out there.
:tumble:
It looks like a great pipe to me. The bowl is smaller than I prefer, but there has to be interest out there. There are lot of folks who find the 3/4/ in bowl size to be their sweet spot.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I think it's a great looking pipe, myself. Can't understand why someone isn't moving on this...
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 am I think it's a great looking pipe, myself. Can't understand why someone isn't moving on this...
Maybe @houtenziel could offer a suggested $$$ value on his pipe... what he thinks it's worth if someone offered him cash... that way people can better estimate what a fair tobacco offering might be.

I think it's a great looking pipe, too. Regardless of maker, I am a fan of the straight Dublin shape. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I couldn't find anything in this shape to get a bead on price, but I think $40-50 range seems a fair valuation. Other Orlik De Luxe pipes are going for about $75 or so, where I've seen them listed as estates.. and that seems a little steep. I am terrible at assigning value to things though, so I could be way off base. It's value to me is only what someone is willing to actually pay/trade, so I am totally flexible and ultimately just want whoever gets it to be happy.
Was that non-committal enough of an answer? :D
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm I couldn't find anything in this shape to get a bead on price, but I think $40-50 range seems a fair valuation. Other Orlik De Luxe pipes are going for about $75 or so, where I've seen them listed as estates.. and that seems a little steep. I am terrible at assigning value to things though, so I could be way off base. It's value to me is only what someone is willing to actually pay/trade, so I am totally flexible and ultimately just want whoever gets it to be happy.
You a politician? :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm I couldn't find anything in this shape to get a bead on price, but I think $40-50 range seems a fair valuation. Other Orlik De Luxe pipes are going for about $75 or so, where I've seen them listed as estates.. and that seems a little steep. I am terrible at assigning value to things though, so I could be way off base. It's value to me is only what someone is willing to actually pay/trade, so I am totally flexible and ultimately just want whoever gets it to be happy.
Here, let me be more concise.
If you have a pipe - any pipe - that you think would be a good trade, regardless of value, please feel free to make an offer! I like Americana, Dr. G, Kaywoodie, Medico...
If you have some quantity of tobacco that you think I might like and you want to offer it up, regardless of value, please feel free to make an offer!
:mrgreen:
I am a seriously easy-going guy. You will have even better luck if you hit me up right about now, when I've had a gigantic pipe full and a glass of bourbon :)
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm
Here, let me be more concise.
If you have a pipe - any pipe - that you think would be a good trade, regardless of value, please feel free to make an offer! I like Americana, Dr. G, Kaywoodie, Medico...
If you have some quantity of tobacco that you think I might like and you want to offer it up, regardless of value, please feel free to make an offer!
:mrgreen:
I am a seriously easy-going guy. You will have even better luck if you hit me up right about now, when I've had a gigantic pipe full and a glass of bourbon :)
You da man! 8-) Someone really needs to jump on this...that's a great looking pipe.