Nightcap for?

TheLogo-Mat

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Accomplished my mission of finding Nightcap & now I have more than I know what do with.
I have one pound of bulk Dunhill Nightcap that I'd like to swap for:
-Sealed tins
-Unsmoked briar pipes
-Penzance or Stonehaven

Please PM any offers
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm

TheLogo-Mat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Accomplished my mission of finding Nightcap & now I have more than I know what do with.
I have one pound of bulk Dunhill Nightcap that I'd like to swap for:
-Sealed tins
-Unsmoked briar pipes
-Penzance or Stonehaven

Please PM any offers
I don't mean to slight, but if you love Nightcap so much that you were desperate to find some.. and you got a whole bunch, why not just cellar it? It's not coming back, so the wise thing to do would be to keep it. Now you can do what you want with your tobacco, but it just seems odd that your first post on PSF is in the trading post section, asking to make a cash transaction(which is no bueno, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you forgot to read the rules). Now you are trying to offload it for other stuff, and haven't really participated in the forum or allowed us to get to know you better. Just all seems kind of strange to me. :?
This post by houtenziel liked by:
Mr Beardsley
TheLogo-Mat

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 pm

As mentioned in the introduction section- I was a very active member on the "OLD PSF" years ago, with dozens of interactions & swaps.
If I'm not welcome here- no big deal. I got double the Nightcap I wanted on accident & wanted to share.
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:12 pm

TheLogo-Mat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 pm
As mentioned in the introduction section- I was a very active member on the "OLD PSF" years ago, with dozens of interactions & swaps.
If I'm not welcome here- no big deal. I got double the Nightcap I wanted on accident & wanted to share.
It's not that you aren't welcome.. not at all! My point is that we are a community and I think everyone would agree, we'd like to get to know you better. That's kind of the point of forums, to discuss what we all love and get to know eachother better!
You may have been active on the old site, but this is not the old site and clearly from your intro thread, not a lot of us are familiar with you. I appreciate that the forum is a useful place for trade, but just jumping on first thing into the trading section kind of seems like you want to use the forum, not actively participate in discussion. I am not a mod or anything, so you can completely ignore me.. just sayin..
TheLogo-Mat

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:18 pm

I understand- just always found the swap section to be equally interesting as the other topics.
Maybe you're right- maybe I should cellar it- but for now I will leave it available in case anyone else is interested.
Coming back from a smoking hiatus- I was absolutely shocked to find out that Dunhill and McClelland were gone.
This post by TheLogo-Mat liked by:
houtenziel
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 pm

TheLogo-Mat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Coming back from a smoking hiatus- I was absolutely shocked to find out that Dunhill and McClelland were gone.
It is a pretty low blow to all pipers out there. I was in the love Dunhill camp, but I wasn't really impacted by McC aside from just being sad that a long established and good company was leaving us. I know a few that are the opposite of me who loved McC but couldn't give two shakes about Dunhill. If you loved both, you have my deepest condolences.
TheLogo-Mat

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm in the Dunhill camp as well. Frog Morton was my first taste of latakia- but when I really sat down and thought about it, not something I am craving.
I do feel for all the guys that loved the McC VA offerings however & I do think I'll miss Holiday Spirit. I'd swap some of this Nightcap for a tin of that in a heartbeat.
This post by TheLogo-Mat liked by:
houtenziel