Tobacco Trade

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:43 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

I think you might be right. Actually, I've found quite a few blends I like either in your TR favorites list, or highly recommended by you even before I found this forum. I have to step carefully though, as I do not quite have the constitution for strength that you do. :D
This is a consideration. I rated the Double Down as med-mild in strength, so less than Pegasus. Now that I have smoked a couple of pounds of it, I think they are about the same probably. The nicotine is a little sneaky in the batches of Double down I have tried. The flavors to me are a little more basic and perhaps subtle and that made me knock it down a notch on strength initially.

Have you tried Pegasus? It is the mildest of the great Runowski trifecta.
I have tried Pegasus, and I enjoy it. I also quite like Three friars. I've tried a number of C&D Burleys and the only one that I have had a hard time with strength wise is Haunted Bookshop. I really like that one too, but I just don't smoke enough to really build a tolerance to it.
Haunted Bookshop is stronger than Pegasus. As good as it is, you might not want to try OJK. If you would like a few bowls of Double Down, I would be happy to send you some just on a pay-it-forward basis.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

No takers? Ok.. I get it :D
Who wants what? Gratis!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I would be interested in trying all but the Latakia Flake. I have reviewed that, and it is good, but I need to give someone else an opportunity. The others I have never even tried. You may have a half dozen takers, so I would be happy with just samples or only the one no one else speaks for.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm I would be interested in trying all but the Latakia Flake. I have reviewed that, and it is good, but I need to give someone else an opportunity. The others I have never even tried. You may have a half dozen takers, so I would be happy with just samples or only the one no one else speaks for.
Not a bad idea, the sample thing. I will go ahead and break them up a little into samplers. PM me your address and I will get one on it's way to you.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Alrighty folks. I broke them down into samplers. Father Tom gets one. There are three left.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I sent my mailing address.

I am thinking now I should have sent more Double Down and SPRT.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:51 pm I sent my mailing address.

I am thinking now I should have sent more Double Down and SPRT.
No worries! I am happy enough to have a sample to try regardless of size. I really only need a bowl or two to decide if I need tin sized evaluation quantity :D
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:48 pm Alrighty folks. I broke them down into samplers. Father Tom gets one. There are three left.
I'm down for some samples. Don't think I have tried any of the blends in your original post. I don't really have much to trade or know what you want but if you let me know, I can send something along when I make my next order.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:48 pm Alrighty folks. I broke them down into samplers. Father Tom gets one. There are three left.
I'm down for some samples. Don't think I have tried any of the blends in your original post. I don't really have much to trade or know what you want but if you let me know, I can send something along when I make my next order.
No need to trade. Just PM me your address and I will shoot it your way.

Two left now!
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm
Johnny wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm
No need to trade. Just PM me your address and I will shoot it your way.

Two left now!
PM sent. Thanks so much! :thumbs: