Old Ropp Cherrywood

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Long time ago I picked up this what I think is an old Ropp Cherrywood. The shank is actually just threaded wood that screws into the bowl. String helps keep the bit tight. It sits nicely. Needs some tlc. I think a craftsman (which I am not) could restore this without too much trouble.

Interested in a trade?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Those old ropp cherrywoods were really cool and unique
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:04 pm Those old ropp cherrywoods were really cool and unique
Yessir. I'd like to see it go to a good home that'll appeciate it and burn a bowl in it from time to time.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I think [mention]Thelonious monkfish[/mention] might be interested in trading one of his standing Dr Gs pictured in "What are you Smoking"... or may be he was just showing them off. I couldn't tell if he was looking for a trade offer or just dangling them in front of us... like t-bone steaks to hungry dogs. 8-)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Longshanks wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:17 pm I think @Thelonius Monkfish might be interested in trading one of his standing Dr Gs pictured in "What are you Smoking"... or may be he was just showing them off. I couldn't tell if he was looking for a trade offer or just dangling them in front of us... like t-bone steaks to hungry dogs. 8-)
We'll see if he stops by to make an offer. :D
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bump...this is free to a good home. Would really like to see someone get it who can get it up to snuff.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 pm Bump...this is free to a good home. Would really like to see someone get it who can get it up to snuff.
Is that a challenge? If so, I will take a crack at it. :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Just a suggestion to whom ever takes on your challenge

Dry Clean Only
don't use alcohol to clean out the chamber as it will raise the grain and possibly split the wood

those are good smoking pipes :)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 pm Bump...this is free to a good home. Would really like to see someone get it who can get it up to snuff.
Is that a challenge? If so, I will take a crack at it. :)
It's yours, Hout. I'll get it out in the mail tomorrow.