A Look At An Old Cigar Factory in Pennsylvania.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

There was a gas station just outside cooperhill tn that , up until last year , carried these guys ...
They were pretty good and Im gionna take a picture of them on my phone and next time I go in there Im gonna ask if theyll carry them again , if they can

http://firecured.blogspot.com/2010/04/m ... igars.html
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

@Ruffinogold , throw this party and I'm there!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:51 pm Image
@Ruffinogold , throw this party and I'm there!!
Well ... Hell yes !! :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

This topic really brings out my nostalgic side. WK, that blog has a few posts about our friends at Finck. I think I owe them a call first thing Monday morning.
http://firecured.blogspot.com/search/la ... ck%20Cigar
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:42 pm This topic really brings out my nostalgic side. WK, that blog has a few posts about our friends at Finck. I think I owe them a call first thing Monday morning.
http://firecured.blogspot.com/search/la ... ck%20Cigar
It's like going back in a time machine. I didn't think to look. That's why they call you the Perfesser.

I love how this review starts:

"My first whiff of an unlit W. F. Mild Natural cigar took me back to my childhood - it smelled just like confederate money. I collected the stuff when I was a kid, being the the cheapest type of Civil War relic available. Most of it smelled like tobacco, especially the ten dollar bills, I guess because people kept their cash and tobacco together, back then."

It's not that I like the fact that I have to sit through his introduction about something I don't care about his childhood, it's that it's very well written.

It's a very nice blog. I like the subject matter.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

" Finck seems determined to make the point that a machine made cigar does not have to be a shoddy cigar, their quality control is excellent, and unlike a lot of machine made cigars I have smoked, the draw on each and every one is very good. Most, but not all, of Finck's cigars are manufactured in the USA, using a variety of ingredients, from homogenized wrappers and/or binders, to natural wrappers & binders with cut filler, to mixed fillers, and even a machine made long filler model. They also offer a few hand-rolled."

From August 2010.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.