What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Our Patroness, the fetching Muriel Hauptmann, is constantly watching over our activities here at WMMCAYST™. We are always thrilled when she makes it around because exciting things always follow in her wake. Plus, she smells fairly nice, believe it it not. Kinda like Edie Adams after a hot afternoon of shooting Muriel Cigar commercials. What do you have for us today, MH?

"Why dontcha pick one up and smoke it sometime?"

Well, OK. Thanks for that, and I believe I will!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Spanky weighs in on Muriel's appearance...

I'm going back in time this morning and smoking the first brand I ever smoked back in 1974, a Swisher Sweet Perfecto. Now, lest you think I was a sophisticated cigar smoker back then, I wasn't.

I was fourteen and was totally impressed by a picture in a book called Witness by Whittaker Chambers. Chambers was a Maryland farmer who led a double life as a spy for the Soviet Union. Really. This was not fiction. The book was named such because he hid microfilmed documents that he he was holding for the Soviets in a hollowed out pumpkin in one of his pumpkin patches. He turned state's evidence and informed on a fellow Communist, Alger Hiss, a high ranking US State Department official. Hiss was called before the House Un-American Activities Committee and was eventually sentenced to prison.

All that to say this...there was a picture of one of the witnesses testifying before he HUAC and he was casually smoking a cigar during his testimony. He made that look so good...I had to get me some of that. I rode my bike to the 7-11, plunked down fifty cents and left with a five pack of Swisher Sweet Perfectos. I got home and smoked one in the backyard. Muriel Hauptmann must have been watching over me because I didn't get sick and my dad didn't smell the smoke on me when he got home.

There are better cigars, but there is no cigar that brings back the memories that Swisher Sweets recall.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

When you have Muriel Hauptmann in your pocket, you know everything is gonna be alright.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I was going to have a Swisher Sweet Perfecto but instead of opening a new pack I decided to light up a Travis Club Straight from an already open pack. That was a good move, a mild and fragrant 6x42 lonsdale, a [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] favorite, was what I really wanted over a sweet and mild perfecto. You might thing there's not a lot of difference, but there is. Get some Travis Club cigars today and see for yourself. Muriel Hauptmann approved this message. Wallet size Muriel available upon request.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Prencipe Palma for me today gents.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Cool! I got my avatar uploaded. Thanks to all for the helping me.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:05 am Wallet size Muriel available upon request.
Start saving those box tops, kids!

Why does this offer remind me of "The Son of Trench Hand?"

As usual, CNR is the best dressed but RD has the best story.
Whalehead King

mrpipster wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:53 pm Cool! I got my avatar uploaded. Thanks to all for the helping me.
It's good to see your mug again, Pip! Welcome back to the land of the visible.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:05 am I was going to have a Swisher Sweet Perfecto but instead of opening a new pack I decided to light up a Travis Club Straight from an already open pack. That was a good move, a mild and fragrant 6x42 lonsdale, a @Ruffinogold favorite, was what I really wanted over a sweet and mild perfecto. You might thing there's not a lot of difference, but there is. Get some Travis Club cigars today and see for yourself. Muriel Hauptmann approved this message. Wallet size Muriel available upon request.
Those are great smokes ! I had one once and it was killer .

I'm gonna go out to the still unfinished man cave , crank the air one and smoke a DM Palma with a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve [ I wont drink the whole bottle , Ill just dbring it out there ... however , if I do drink the whole bottle , i'll be sure to post here beecause that would be somewhat interesting :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Smoked a Principe Masters Chocolate today at work. These are about all I’ve been smoking lately. My other MM cigars are starting to protest. I can hear muffled cries coming from the cabinet at night - He doesn’t want us anymore :cry:

On the contrary! I hear you in there, I think about you all the time. But this sweltering heat has me snappered and I just cannot do it right now. Today I was jonesing for an FX Smith’s Muniemaker but I just don’t get more than 15 minutes in the shade, and even then it’s almost too hot to get halfway through a Principe corona. I long for the cooler autumn air and long drives in the Kenworth with the AC running and the windows cracked. At present is been been well over 90 degrees by 11 am and the air is thick with the smoke from the Yosemite fire. It’s horrible, it’s all but eliminated my MM cigar enjoyment, and poppa ain’t a happy camper right now. California is a miserable place to be a cigar smoker, in more ways than one.