What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Now puffing on another Swisher Sweet. Yes, Swisher Sweets, hitting the spot with discerning cigar smokers since 1958. Pick up a five pack today!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Had a nice Dutch Masters Palma while grilling burgers for the family.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Yesterday , # had a white owl new Yorker for the drive to work . it lasted the whole way plus a bit while I was there . leo , the owner of the cabinet shop said it smelled like an expensive cigar . I said , no thankfully . later today , im gonna have a munniemaker !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Yesterday at work I ended up stuck up on a mountain for an hour waiting to see if the contractor down in the canyon below needed my material (hydroelectric power plant, not too bad getting down there but a real problem trying to haul all that weight back up). I seized the opportunity by opening a pack of Villiger Export Brasil cigars. Mercy, these are good, though a bit on the pricey side. It was wonderful. Now I’m sitting here in the yard jonesing for another, but I’ve got kids running around all over the place so I better not. All the quarantined soccer moms will take up pitchforks and torches and march on my little sanctuary. Perhaps in the morning I’ll sneak out while they’re all sleeping in.
9 Iron
Founding Member

FX Smith’s erstwhile Muniemaker, some black coffee, quiet Sunday afternoon.

Whalehead King

F.X. Smith's "About Us" page doesn't say anything about them except that one of them went to college 45 years ago..

http://fxsmithssons.com/index.php?main_page=about_us

I respect that.

I did not, however, read the poem. If any of you do, tell me how you like it. It's too long and I have stuff to do.
9 Iron
Founding Member

That poem looked like a half hour read and I too am not inclined to go there at the moment. However, a couple of minutes of watching their great old machine in operation is always a pick me up. Supposedly they moved this machine down to the Caribbean(?) and still use it with the same US grown tobacco.
[media] [/media]
Whalehead King

From my email from FX Smith:

"Under the present circumstances, our shipping department is reduced to s skeleton crew of one. That one is sending out UPS on Mondays and Thursdays, cause that's the only days that UPS backs down to the loading dock."

Then, he wrote back to say he made a mistake. Orders go out on Mondays and Fridays now.

They'll get my order out on the next day UPS comes. It was nice of him to tell me. I wasn't worried about it but, like me and a lot of small business owners, this guy has his shortcomings on his mind right now and he feels the need to explain why service isn't up to his personal standard. I can't blame him. Nothing is business as usual. He's doing the best he can. That's America.

This is my first order to the "Sotweed Factor" and, you know what? I like 'em already.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I bought a sixer of the AyC Grenadiers yesterday and I'm fixin' to open them up. I like AMS goodness, but long neglected nowadays in favor of the EMS, maduro and even darker wrappers. Again, I like a good claro cigar. So did JFK, so I got that going for me. Paul Volcker smoked AyC Grenadiers exclusively. When detractors accused him of smoking cheap cigars, he corrected them by informing them that they are inexpensive, but not cheap. You gotta believe a guy who smoked AyC in congressional hearings. And you can take that to the Federal Reserve Bank.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:08 pm I bought a sixer of the AyC Grenadiers yesterday and I'm fixin' to open them up. I like AMS goodness, but long neglected nowadays in favor of the EMS, maduro and even darker wrappers. Again, I like a good claro cigar. So did JFK, so I got that going for me. Paul Volcker smoked AyC Grenadiers exclusively. When detractors accused him of smoking cheap cigars, he corrected them by informing them that they are inexpensive, but not cheap. You gotta believe a guy who smoked AyC in congressional hearings. And you can take that to the Federal Reserve Bank.
And that's how he conquered stagflation, with an AyC in his hand.