What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? - WMMCAYST™

9 Iron
Founding Member

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:47 am

Yeah keto works, but it sucks. I just need to force myself to stay more active and I won’t have these every two or three year 25 pound weight swings. I’m 55 years old and will be hunting the high sierras at about 7000 feet elevation, not a great idea when you’re 25 lbs overweight and haven’t moved a lot on a couple of years. Besides, I feel a lot better about smoking pipes and cigars when I’m more fit, doesn’t make me feel like this may not be such a great idea. Staying fit and active sorta takes the devil out of a lot of things that can pester you when you’re older.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 am

Whistlebritches wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Been doing Keto/Atkins for a couple months.......down 35 lbs.Now for maybe 20-25 more.One of my old Shipmates who lives in NC has been doing Keto for about 16 months,started at 282 now at 181.A hundred plus friggen LB's!!!

Good luck 9
At the risk of hijacking the cigar thread, I have been doing the keto thing since October of 2016. It does not seem to have done anything to my sense of taste. I had my annual physical earlier this week. All my numbers look good. On the doctor's scales and all, I was 1 pound away from goal weight, and the doctor said it was time to start maintaining the current weight.

I will say it is nice to have bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning and have good cholesterol numbers. I went off my statin last year, so they are looking good without meds.

As a guy who has some experience with keto, you should track sodium and keep levels up or you can feel washed out w/ no energy. This is the dreaded "keto flu."
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
9 IronWhistlebritches
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:54 pm

I found an unopened box of White Lightning Crooks under a stack of newspapers in my office. Oh, happy day!
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Kevin Keith9 Iron
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
Whistlebritches

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 am
Whistlebritches wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Been doing Keto/Atkins for a couple months.......down 35 lbs.Now for maybe 20-25 more.One of my old Shipmates who lives in NC has been doing Keto for about 16 months,started at 282 now at 181.A hundred plus friggen LB's!!!

Good luck 9
At the risk of hijacking the cigar thread, I have been doing the keto thing since October of 2016. It does not seem to have done anything to my sense of taste. I had my annual physical earlier this week. All my numbers look good. On the doctor's scales and all, I was 1 pound away from goal weight, and the doctor said it was time to start maintaining the current weight.

I will say it is nice to have bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning and have good cholesterol numbers. I went off my statin last year, so they are looking good without meds.

As a guy who has some experience with keto, you should track sodium and keep levels up or you can feel washed out w/ no energy. This is the dreaded "keto flu."
I'm going to start a thread in the "Off Topic" section.........please check in.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithWhalehead King
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:47 pm

I've found that bourbon , along with a combination of hot tubbing it and sex .. is a a combo activity that will allow you to by pass all the weight loss stuff ... for 2 rasons . I. Youll lose weight drinking , hottubbing and getting it on like 2 rats boinking in wool socks . 2. Even if you dont lose weight , you wont care bcause your boinking like rats in wool socks , hotubbing and partying

I think it was a DM Palma Swet Cigarillo .. it was prettty good !!
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithFr_TomWhistlebritches
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Got a great package from KK today.
I'm gonna start with a Magellan and have Travis Club after dinner.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithWhalehead KingFr_TomRuffinogoldWhistlebritches
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:54 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Enjoy them, my friend!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldWhistlebritches
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Pip,

Why don't you have an avatar? You blend into the woodwork without one. I miss seeing a photo of my favorite Solid Citizen when you post. Want me to send you one of my spares? We're almost twins....

it is always good to see you here. Enjoy that Travis Club after dinner, brother.
Cheers!
-WK
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithFr_TomRuffinogold
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm
mrpipster wrote:
Pip,

Why don't you have an avatar? You blend into the woodwork without one. I miss seeing a photo of my favorite Solid Citizen when you post. Want me to send you one of my spares? We're almost twins....

it is always good to see you here. Enjoy that Travis Club after dinner, brother.
Cheers!
-WK
@mrpipster , this one is the right size. Just save it to your computer and go to your profile and edit your avatar. Easy! I hope!

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldWhalehead KingFr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Today was a pressure washing day . It was nice to get out of the cabinet shop . I had me some lovely DM Palma Cigarillos :thumbs:
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithFr_Tom
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "