CBID

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Anyone here use this one?
I am confused about a couple of things.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have used it a few times. What do you want to know?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well I see when auctions are ending but it will also say someone won a lot or 2 10 min. or way before the auctions ends. How dose that work?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

There are a bunch of different auction types on that site, and they all work differently. I think rather than me explaining them(probably poorly), I will just direct you to the cbid help page that explains them.

https://www.cigarbid.com/help/bidding-features/2069130/
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

used to love cbid but they removed most of the good stuff due to makers not wanting their sticks selling so low
smoked many Fuentes, Padrons, Tatuajes and Illusiones bought for a fraction of their value
I stopped going when the good stuff got yanked, that's ok it used to make for a lot of big weekly cigar bills
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Whistlebritches

I still use them.......been hanging round there since 2006,same user name as here.In the last 6 months I picked up a box of Cabaigan Guapos 46 for $61 a box,Sobremesa Short Torps(box of 14)for $68,some Alec Bradley everyday smokes for pennies on the dollar,Tatuaje Especiales(one of the best lancero's I smoke)for $101,Drew Estate Undercrown Sungrown's for $90 and Tatuaje Tattoo Cabellero's cab of 50 for $131............yea I dig the deals and there is more I just can't remember.I been hanging out on their forum for 12 years so it all can't be bad.
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:09 pm Well I see when auctions are ending but it will also say someone won a lot or 2 10 min. or way before the auctions ends. How dose that work?
Some lots have the "buy it now" option............that would be my guess.I never bid early,I wait til the last 15-20 seconds of an auction to snipe what I want.Just put the lots you're interested in into your "watch lots" and pay attention as they get close to closing.If they are already more than you want to pay delete the watch.......If they are still within reason just watch the countdown and jump in.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Thanks guys.
xrundog

I used to dabble with Cbid. Spent time on the forums etc. it was fun. But I rarely got a super deal. I think I get better deals having signed up for the big cigar e-trailer e-mails. They all have daily, weekly, holiday and seasonal sales. If you can wait for the stuff you really want, there are great deals to be had.
Mrm1775

I smoke cigars for a while and stayed on Cbid. I think I got really good deals. I also enjoyed being able to get RP vintage 92 seconds $38 for 15 Churchill’s.
Sadly I don’t smoke them anymore-just babysit the humidor.