What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Chef Benny

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:38 am
Chef Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:44 am
Enjoying a Laranja black label lancero. I was just thinking how cigars are for celebrations.. Pipes are for deep thought.. And machine mades and cobbs are for when I have to get some crap done.. But still wanna smoke...like yard work. But that's just my opinion.
So what are you celebrating?
I am getting married this Saturday! I have been puffing some nice stogies this week with friends and family. I even ordered 60 barber pole bundle cigars off JR.. And custom cigar bands off amazon.. They are cool.. They say our names and the date.. I slapped the bands on them and went to the craft store and bought a nice box.. So right next to the bar at the wedding.. I will have some party favor stogies for the guests.

When I'm on the honeymoon.. I will switch back to the pipe.. I can relax then. Hahaha!

Cheers!
This post by Chef Benny liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithMikeDennisonFr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 am

Chef Benny wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:38 am
Chef Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:44 am
Enjoying a Laranja black label lancero. I was just thinking how cigars are for celebrations.. Pipes are for deep thought.. And machine mades and cobbs are for when I have to get some crap done.. But still wanna smoke...like yard work. But that's just my opinion.
So what are you celebrating?
I am getting married this Saturday! I have been puffing some nice stogies this week with friends and family. I even ordered 60 barber pole bundle cigars off JR.. And custom cigar bands off amazon.. They are cool.. They say our names and the date.. I slapped the bands on them and went to the craft store and bought a nice box.. So right next to the bar at the wedding.. I will have some party favor stogies for the guests.

When I'm on the honeymoon.. I will switch back to the pipe.. I can relax then. Hahaha!

Cheers!
Congratulations to you and condolences to your fiancée! J/k. Lol
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonFr_TomChef Benny
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:46 am

Chef Benny wrote:

Cheers!
Congrats! I am pretty sure my father was mostly a cigar smoker until he got married and then switched almost completely to the pipe. It was more room note friendly for my mom.

Everyone gives you unsolicited advice when you get married, and so I will give you some. Get the wedding date engraved on the inside of the rings. That way in 8 years or something when you think, "Uh-oh, it is October. Have I forgotten my anniversary?" You can take off the band and check. Let's just say that forgetting the anniversary is a bad thing.

I have given this counsel to a lot of people, and I have had people look me up years later to say it had worked for them.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonChef Benny
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017