Page 10 of 16

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 am
by Chef Benny
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:38 am
Chef Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:44 am
Enjoying a Laranja black label lancero. I was just thinking how cigars are for celebrations.. Pipes are for deep thought.. And machine mades and cobbs are for when I have to get some crap done.. But still wanna smoke...like yard work. But that's just my opinion.
So what are you celebrating?
I am getting married this Saturday! I have been puffing some nice stogies this week with friends and family. I even ordered 60 barber pole bundle cigars off JR.. And custom cigar bands off amazon.. They are cool.. They say our names and the date.. I slapped the bands on them and went to the craft store and bought a nice box.. So right next to the bar at the wedding.. I will have some party favor stogies for the guests.

When I'm on the honeymoon.. I will switch back to the pipe.. I can relax then. Hahaha!

Cheers!

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 am
by Kevin Keith
Chef Benny wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 am
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:38 am
Chef Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:44 am
Enjoying a Laranja black label lancero. I was just thinking how cigars are for celebrations.. Pipes are for deep thought.. And machine mades and cobbs are for when I have to get some crap done.. But still wanna smoke...like yard work. But that's just my opinion.
So what are you celebrating?
I am getting married this Saturday! I have been puffing some nice stogies this week with friends and family. I even ordered 60 barber pole bundle cigars off JR.. And custom cigar bands off amazon.. They are cool.. They say our names and the date.. I slapped the bands on them and went to the craft store and bought a nice box.. So right next to the bar at the wedding.. I will have some party favor stogies for the guests.

When I'm on the honeymoon.. I will switch back to the pipe.. I can relax then. Hahaha!

Cheers!
Congratulations to you and condolences to your fiancée! J/k. Lol

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:46 am
by Fr_Tom
Chef Benny wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 am

I am getting married this Saturday! I have been puffing some nice stogies this week with friends and family. I even ordered 60 barber pole bundle cigars off JR.. And custom cigar bands off amazon.. They are cool.. They say our names and the date.. I slapped the bands on them and went to the craft store and bought a nice box.. So right next to the bar at the wedding.. I will have some party favor stogies for the guests.

When I'm on the honeymoon.. I will switch back to the pipe.. I can relax then. Hahaha!

Cheers!
Congrats! I am pretty sure my father was mostly a cigar smoker until he got married and then switched almost completely to the pipe. It was more room note friendly for my mom.

Everyone gives you unsolicited advice when you get married, and so I will give you some. Get the wedding date engraved on the inside of the rings. That way in 8 years or something when you think, "Uh-oh, it is October. Have I forgotten my anniversary?" You can take off the band and check. Let's just say that forgetting the anniversary is a bad thing.

I have given this counsel to a lot of people, and I have had people look me up years later to say it had worked for them.

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:58 am
by Fr_Tom
Thanks to the largess of a forum member, I am in possession of three Cuban hand-made cigars. I am smoking this one first.

Image

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 am
by Fr_Tom
I am smoking another of the Cubans.

Image

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:29 pm
by Whalehead King
Brocatus. The trinkety chipboard box of 20 Churchills doesn't win any points. The cigars, themselves, are lackluster, to put it mildly. They are as flavorless as a baby's breath, the only difference is there is nothing cute about a Brocatus cigar----no amount of lipstick will save this box of pigs, not that anyone at the factory has been trying. Brocatus is the bottom rung on the ladder of good cigars. You can do a lot better.

I got snookered into a Brocatus sale. Never again. These cigars are the worst handmades I've ever had the pleasure to 'enjoy.' I hate them.

A pox on the house of Brocatus.

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:49 pm
by Kevin Keith
Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Brocatus. The trinkety chipboard box of 20 Churchills doesn't win any points. The cigars, themselves, are lackluster, to put it mildly. They are as flavorless as a baby's breath, the only difference is there is nothing cute about a Brocatus cigar----no amount of lipstick will save this box of pigs, not that anyone at the factory has been trying. Brocatus is the bottom rung on the ladder of good cigars. You can do a lot better.

I got snookered into a Brocatus sale. Never again. These cigars are the worst handmades I've ever had the pleasure to 'enjoy.' I hate them.

A pox on the house of Brocatus.
The house of Batiatus will give you good advice on buying budget handmades. Behold:
Image

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:17 pm
by Ruffinogold
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:49 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Brocatus. The trinkety chipboard box of 20 Churchills doesn't win any points. The cigars, themselves, are lackluster, to put it mildly. They are as flavorless as a baby's breath, the only difference is there is nothing cute about a Brocatus cigar----no amount of lipstick will save this box of pigs, not that anyone at the factory has been trying. Brocatus is the bottom rung on the ladder of good cigars. You can do a lot better.

I got snookered into a Brocatus sale. Never again. These cigars are the worst handmades I've ever had the pleasure to 'enjoy.' I hate them.

A pox on the house of Brocatus.
The house of Batiatus will give you good advice on buying budget handmades. Behold:
Image
Lol !!!! Took me a minute to recover from that



Well , I didn't smoke it today but I bought a punch cigar the other day , a toro size, though I forget which line/blend . Ive enjoyed Punch cigars for decades so im looking forward to lighting it up

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:02 pm
by unregistered2
Ruffinogold wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:17 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:49 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Brocatus. The trinkety chipboard box of 20 Churchills doesn't win any points. The cigars, themselves, are lackluster, to put it mildly. They are as flavorless as a baby's breath, the only difference is there is nothing cute about a Brocatus cigar----no amount of lipstick will save this box of pigs, not that anyone at the factory has been trying. Brocatus is the bottom rung on the ladder of good cigars. You can do a lot better.

I got snookered into a Brocatus sale. Never again. These cigars are the worst handmades I've ever had the pleasure to 'enjoy.' I hate them.

A pox on the house of Brocatus.
The house of Batiatus will give you good advice on buying budget handmades. Behold:
Image
Lol !!!! Took me a minute to recover from that



Well , I didn't smoke it today but I bought a punch cigar the other day , a toro size, though I forget which line/blend . Ive enjoyed Punch cigars for decades so im looking forward to lighting it up
Never had a bad Punch, they are my go to for the most part, especially the Maduros in smaller ring gauge(like the After DInner Maduro which is basically a Lancero). You've probably had them, but they make a line of machine made cigarillos that are really pretty dang good too. I find most of the stuff from Punch to have a similar vibe to the Don Pepin produced Blue and Tatuaje Havana VI.. which are two of my all time favorites.

What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:45 pm
by Whalehead King
houtenziel wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:02 pm
Ruffinogold wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:17 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:49 pm
The house of Batiatus will give you good advice on buying budget handmades. Behold:
Image
Lol !!!! Took me a minute to recover from that



Well , I didn't smoke it today but I bought a punch cigar the other day , a toro size, though I forget which line/blend . Ive enjoyed Punch cigars for decades so im looking forward to lighting it up
Never had a bad Punch, they are my go to for the most part, especially the Maduros in smaller ring gauge(like the After DInner Maduro which is basically a Lancero). You've probably had them, but they make a line of machine made cigarillos that are really pretty dang good too. I find most of the stuff from Punch to have a similar vibe to the Don Pepin produced Blue and Tatuaje Havana VI.. which are two of my all time favorites.
After Dinner Maduros were the first box of cigars I bought for myself.

Punch makes a good cigar. So much so that even Mrs. King knows Mr. Punch on sight. She hides the bobblehead I have of him and when I finally find it and put it back on the dining room mantle she says, "What is Mr. Punch doing back here?" I think he classes up the place. I have never told her his name.

I don't know if his real name is Mr. Punch. He may be like the Michelin Man, who's real name is Bibendum.

I've just always thought of him as Mr. Punch and no one has ever told me likewise, not that this is a topic that comes up in regular conversation. Hello, PSF! He looks so much like Punch of Punch and Judy (go figure), and I am always respectful of my elders, and the name of the cigar box is Punch, that I've always called him Mr. Punch, the way I would if were addressing the puppet. "Lovely day, today, isn't it Mr. Punch? It's a lovely day to have a cigar." Then he'd say something and beat me with his club.

Fun fact: Punch's voice is made through the use of another obscure instrument: a swazzle. Look it up on Wikipedia. I only know because this because the Wikipedia article on nose flutes links to the entry on swazzles. I learned this fun fact last week and here we are talking about Punch cigars. What a country!

I need to buy myself a box of After Dinner Maduros. I'm overdue. I'll take Punch over Brocatus any day!