Top 5 Machine Mades

Whalehead King

Villigers are very nice but they are a short smoke. Luckily, they're affordable, so burning down one after another in succession won't break the bank. Because of their small size, and they come in breast pocket-sized boxes, they are very portable. Another point, besides flavor, in their favor.

And---each one comes individually wrapped. Ever Villiger cigar arrives in your hand like a birthday present. Anticipation as you unwrap your cigar makes for a good top note. Even if it isn't your birthday, every day is special when you're enjoying a Swiss machine-rolled, all-tobacco Villiger. Pick a wrapper; they're all good. I'm fond of Brasil, in the green box, but, really, you can't go wrong.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I ended up buying a couple 5 packs of the White Lightning Crooks because they sounded good. Got both the natural and the sweet. I will probably stop by my local cigar shop today or tomorrow and see what else I can find from the lists above.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 am I ended up buying a couple 5 packs of the White Lightning Crooks because they sounded good. Got both the natural and the sweet. I will probably stop by my local cigar shop today or tomorrow and see what else I can find from the lists above.
Scratch that - just found a Famous-Smoke coupon for free shipping (SPRINGCLEAN), and bought some small packs of the following:

Antonio y Cleopatra Grenadiers
Antonio y Cleopatra Grenadiers Smooth
Avanti
Parodi
Principe Palmas Natural
Rigoletto Black Jack
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Man , National was awesome. Farnam Drive Ibold , Black Pete's etc ... they were really great and I sure wish someone would have picked them up and restructured them . Damn Black Pete's ... I miss them

Who remembers wolf brothers rum crooks .... holy snot !

Anyway , When FD Graves closed up , it was said that another company had been making them for yhrm forf sone time . Ill figure out who theyvare in a bit , at the moment I forget . Anyway , whomever is making them ... the company begins with i T , I think , therycshpuldc be the same I'd imagine. I don't know for sure ad I still have some judges cave on hand . Like I said , I'll find out who is making them here In a little bit , adx i just got home from being put of town

That said ^^^^^

1. Judges Cave or about any of those munnimaker products , whomever is making them
2. Dutch Masters Palma

The remainder if tyhe list goes in a couple directions . I mean , you have the super majority htl stuff and then you have the dry cured , which each ared very different , so , ...

Htl type stuff

3. King Edward Imperial ... mild but with flavor and , for an MM, a decent size too
4. Phillies Titan... more balls that a KE Imperial and not as smooth but good
5. White Owl stuff .... invincible , new yorker and demi tip
5 and a half ... Tiparillo ... they are excellent and similar to the WO. Demi tip but a little better

For dry cured type stuff ....

I'd reccomend trying whichever ... there's still a good number of them. Oh course , " Guinea Stinkers " , its what my ma called them , the parodi stuff .. they're excellent and they are their own thing

Panter , cafe creme etc ... try them and find one you dig . I liked the littl3 Braniff brand back in the day and would " cure them " with liquors
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:50 pm

Anyway , When FD Graves closed up , it was said that another company had been making them for yhrm forf sone time . Ill figure out who theyvare in a bit , at the moment I forget . Anyway , whomever is making them ... the company begins with i T , I think , therycshpuldc be the same I'd imagine. I don't know for sure ad I still have some judges cave on hand . Like I said , I'll find out who is making them here In a little bit , adx i just got home from being put of town

That said ^^^^^

1. Judges Cave or about any of those munnimaker products , whomever is making them

That company is FX Smith, Mayor. https://fxsmithssonscigars.com/index.ph ... x&cPath=81
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

That said ^^^^^

That company is FX Smith, Mayor. https://fxsmithssonscigars.com/index.ph ... x&cPath=81
Cool , thank you :) I was gonna look it up a little while ago ... but pizza and kids happened .

Are they basically the same as the munnimaker stuff ?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm

That said ^^^^^

Cool , thank you :) I was gonna look it up a little while ago ... but pizza and kids happened .

Supposedly. They had already been making Munimaker for Graves for the last 35 years.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Supposedly. They had already been making Munimaker for Graves for the last 35 years.
Well thete you have it :) ..... these fxsmith are great then . Connecticut broad leaf ( sungrown ) is it's own flavor . They are kinda chocolatey and " rustic " in flavor a little bit . I really like them ... also , just checked out the site and they seem to be making Nationals old Marsh Wheeling cigars too .. very cool
IMpipedude
Founding Member

I haven't delved very deeply in the world of MM cigars, but I definitely enjoy Travis Club Straights, Dutch Masters Palmas and White Lightning Crooks. I plan to sample some additional brands this spring and summer.
IMpipedude
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pmEver Villiger cigar arrives in your hand like a birthday present. Anticipation as you unwrap your cigar makes for a good top note. Even if it isn't your birthday, every day is special when you're enjoying a Swiss machine-rolled, all-tobacco Villiger.
What WK said. :thumbs: