Your first chew

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Because it's tobacco .. why not

Great Meadows , NJ... summer of 79 .... either of three

Beechnut
Redman
Levi Garrett

I don't remember which was first but i settled on Beechnut . It was the thing to do playing baseball . Hell , remember guys like Carlton Fisk with their cheeks potruding out , lol , shit yes ! Yes ... spitting the biggest puddle in the dugout was impressive . It's funny looking back . If we would have smoked a cigarette or cigar , our coach would have flipped out ... but chewing tobacco was fine , thankfully and none of the parents said anything about it .. it was freaking baseball

I bought a pouch of Chattanooga Chew a little while back , for fun . It was ok . I'm just not into chewing
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Copenhagen Long Cut when I was a teenager.. and it had me dry heaving after about 10 minutes. :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Big League Chew was my first :P

Levi Garrett I believe was first, probably summer of 88
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I never did dip. Part of it was probably because I commented once about how good it smelled in the can and my dad took me by the shoulder and said "I ever see a wad of that shit in your mouth I'll kick your ass so hard you'll wear it as a hat". I'm 44 & my dad just had his 67th birthday. I'm pretty sure he can still kick my ass & I'm no stranger to violence lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

1972 was the first chew, Amarillo, Texas. It was Image, 'cause I'm a Beech-Nut nut! Or I was. Once I found a molassesed up grasshopper that got ran through the rollers in a pouch. I think that's when I switched to Red Man. :lol:

It think Levi Garrett is the best chew, I like them sweet. Red Man was a little thin to me.

I found Copenhagen in 1975 and that was all she wrote. I dipped that nectar of the gods for over 40 years.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
9 Iron
Founding Member

10 years old, Copenhagen, turned green and puked, never liked that crap afterwards. I did chew a lot of leaf and plug cut chew in my teens and twenties though, and liked it quite a bit. Beech Nut, Red Man, Days Work. I don’t chew at all anymore, haven’t in years. I’d try some of those again for nostalgia sake, if they even still make it.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:44 pm 1972 was the first chew, Amarillo, Texas. It was Image, 'cause I'm a Beech-Nut nut! Or I was. Once I found a molassesed up grasshopper that got ran through the rollers in a pouch. I think that's when I switched to Red Man. :lol:

It think Levi Garrett is the best chew, I like them sweet. Red Man was a little thin to me.

I found Copenhagen in 1975 and that was all she wrote. I dipped that nectar of the gods for over 40 years.
I’m with you on the Levi, best out of the 3.

I think that I tried Skoal first and I wasn’t impressed. I enjoyed Kodiak Wint for some years but Copenhagen hit on all cylinders.
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Redman Golden was my first and last. Threw up so hard I thought I was going to die. This wasn't in my youth, it was only last year.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ray Mackessy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm Redman Golden was my first and last. Threw up so hard I thought I was going to die. This wasn't in my youth, it was only last year.
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Maynard

Beechnut 9th grade summer football practice. Never again lol.