What is this, exactly?

Whalehead King

https://www.marscigars.com/snuff-non-tobacco.aspx

I don't snuff. Mrs. King frowns upon most of my vices and whenever I broach the subject of nasal snuff she blanches. Apparently, this isn't tobacco, but it's on Mars Cigars so it must be a suitable replacement. What are we looking at here, exactly?

I'm partial to the absinthe flavor, since absinthe tastes like licorice. The other flavors are interesting. None of this is interesting enough for me to place an order without knowing anything about it beforehand. Does anyone have any experience with these blends?

I could use the internet but I prefer to ask the experts on PSF, which, of course, is still using the internet but from a trusted source of first-hand information if anyone has any.

Thank you in advance.

I like to drive the backroads of Mississippi and Alabama and Arkansas and upstate Louisiana. When I pull into a gas station in town, not right off the interstate exit ramps, those places have small tins of nasal snuff. I've never bought any. Mrs. King frowns on my fascination with them. I probably won't buy any, but I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with non-tobacco aromatically flavored snuff. Do tell.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have never personally tried herbal snuffs, but most are made from herbs that have been ground the same way as they would for tobacco snuff, and then scented in a similar fashion. These can vary from brand to brand, some containing things like Gurana, or other stimulating herbs.

I did a quick search of Mr Snuff to see if I could determine what the Dholakia Herbals are made from, and this was the list I found:
Ingredients include: dry ginger, alpinia officinarum, ocimum senctum, withania somnifera, asparagus assendence, licorice powder and menthol.

So essentially they are trying to give the same experience of the bite and tingle of tobacco, but with herbs. FYI alpinia officinarum is lesser Galangal which is also in the ginger family, ocimum senctum is holy basil, withania somnifera is ashwagandha(frequently used in Ayurvedic medicine), and asparagus assendence is another used in Ayurvedic practice.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ronv69
Founding Member

I have some coffee stuff that goes in the lip. Like sweetened coffee grounds. Not bad really.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Id pass on them . What fun is snuffing without nicotine
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 pm I have some coffee stuff that goes in the lip. Like sweetened coffee grounds. Not bad really.
That does sound decent
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 pm I have some coffee stuff that goes in the lip. Like sweetened coffee grounds. Not bad really.
Grinds coffee pouches? Kind of look like snus packets?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

No nic, no go.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I wonder at what stage of our early lives we can become nasally fixated.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:49 pm I wonder at what stage of our early lives we can become nasally fixated.
For me it was 35. Although my boys definitely like to stick things in their noses. One day I had to use tweezers to get a lego man head out of my youngest's nose, only to find a raisin in there behind it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:49 pm I wonder at what stage of our early lives we can become nasally fixated.
houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:53 pm
For me it was 35. Although my boys definitely like to stick things in their noses. One day I had to use tweezers to get a lego man head out of my youngest's nose, only to find a raisin in there behind it.
I stuck a vitamin I'm my nose as a kid . It seemed like a good idea at the time , till Ma had to get it out
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

When the barber asks you if you want him to trim your nose hairs. Oh, wait. That's a later stage in life. Never mind.