American Snuff

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:22 pm Did I miss something and all the old-school American snuff brands disappeared?

I was going to buy some snuff and, let me tell you, the Mr. Snuff website sure has changed. More than half of what they sell seems to be from India. No offense to the worlds largest democracy, but I was looking for some gold old American snuff.

Can someone recommend a website where they sell the kind of snuff you can buy in a gas station. If you live in a part of America where your local gas station sells snuff behind the counter, you know the brands I mean.

Thanks.
wow , just checked out mr snuff ... that site is pretty lame now
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

sisyphus wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:23 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 pm The only time I've seen tobacco snuff for sale was when I drove from New Orleans to Mammoth Cave, KY. Somewhere in the middle gas stations started to sell snuff. No B&M near me sells snuff. If you want to google it, please feel free. I've tried. I'm looking for American gas station snuff, the old brands, not European snuff. I can't even find a trace of the brands that I'm looking for online. I'm worried American snuff is going the way of American machine-made cigars and I want to start snuffing to support the old snuff makers before they go out of business.
you'll find it in the sort of place that specializes in commercial cigarettes/ryo/liquor/pre payday check cashing
every large city has that sort of place here they are literally called Tobacco Hut and there's a bunch of them

I can send you some Garrett if you can't find it local
This will require me to make a trip to the suburbs or me to make friends with someone who goes to this kind of place in the suburbs. I'l figure something out.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:34 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:22 pm Did I miss something and all the old-school American snuff brands disappeared?

I was going to buy some snuff and, let me tell you, the Mr. Snuff website sure has changed. More than half of what they sell seems to be from India. No offense to the worlds largest democracy, but I was looking for some gold old American snuff.

Can someone recommend a website where they sell the kind of snuff you can buy in a gas station. If you live in a part of America where your local gas station sells snuff behind the counter, you know the brands I mean.

Thanks.
I know. It used to be a cornucopia of good stuff to really get your imagination racing and want to order two of everything. Not so much now.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Thanks.
I know. It used to be a cornucopia of good stuff to really get your imagination racing and want to order two of everything. Not so much now.
It's not exactly their fault. They were getting their American snuffs from people in the US willing to buy it retail and ship it to them, because it was still like 50% cheaper than ordering it themselves due to all the import/export rules. They were basically making no money off of it, simply just to have it as an offering. Blame the tobacco nazis for making impossible for places like this to do business. They still have a ton of British, German, Polish, Indian, South African, and Belgian snuffs.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:15 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:16 pm

It's not exactly their fault. They were getting their American snuffs from people in the US willing to buy it retail and ship it to them, because it was still like 50% cheaper than ordering it themselves due to all the import/export rules. They were basically making no money off of it, simply just to have it as an offering. Blame the tobacco nazis for making impossible for places like this to do business. They still have a ton of British, German, Polish, Indian, South African, and Belgian snuffs.
Its their own govt adding the taxes . They slam taxes on imports like a mofo . Canada is pretty bad too . I think Greece is bad as well and South Africa . Hell , a bunch of them are a lot worse than we are . We got a decent " pass " lately . I'm a bit meh on what might be coming
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I think the tobacco snuff market is dead.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:42 pm I think the tobacco snuff market is dead.
Not completely dead, just in a coma with a DNR.

I can find locally W. E. Garrett & Sons Sweet Snuff, W. E. Garrett & Sons Scotch Snuff, Honey Bee Sweet Snuff, and Red Seal (?). Granted, it is only at one shop; but, it is available.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its everywhere here but holy shit the prices have sky rocketed.