Posting Images and Videos

sisyphus
Site Admin

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Here at PSF you have two options for image posting.

One, you can use the image button in the post editor:

Just paste the url of the image you want to post, highlight it, then click the image button. Here's what it will look like:

Two, you can use the imgur button in the post editor:

This method allows you to upload an image directly from your computer or device directly to the PSF imgur directory. It's as simple as can be, and if you don't have an online image host you don't need one.
sisyphus
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:25 pm

For posting a YouTube video, paste the url in the editor:

Highlight your entry:

then click the media button, the one just right of the imgur button:

click submit and you have posted a YouTube video
sisyphus
Site Admin

Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 am

Ok an issue was brought to my attention where the quick reply feature does not show the imgur button, making image posting a little confusing for newer members.

My first reaction was to disable the add on that handles quick replies. I am using a third party add on for that, because it updates the page via ajax without having to refresh the web browser, and is generally a nicer experience. Then I noticed that the built in quick reply also does not show the imgur button. So I reenabled the nicer third party quick reply.

Long story short, if you want to upload an image using imgur, you will have to use the full editor instead of the quick reply. I will add the imgur functionality to the quick reply when and if it becomes apparent to me how to make that work without breaking the plugin.
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Mr Beardsley