Middle Earth

I Heart Classic
Modern is all bad for me
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Classic here. Easier on my eyes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

simplepipes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:32 pm Modern with Font at 125% so the trifocals don't have to work so hard . . .

-sp
125% here too.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Somehow, I got switched to Classic when I tried to reply to a comment. It happened out of nowhere. I clicked the quotation marks in Modern and all of a sudden I was in a wood-paneled flashback.

Oh, what now? I have to deal with this old clunker? What's going on over there? I would rather not deal with this. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

I quickly relearned where what is what and reset my theme in the present. It is nice to back in 2021, streamlined like the 21st Century Cannonball. I don't know why this happened. Some glitch. I wasn't happy. I don't read books with woodgrain paper. I read books printed in black ink on white paper. I'm a traditionalist.

I don't like the 1970s basement rec room aesthetic of the Classic theme settings. It doesn't give me nightmares, but, c'mon man, I live in the future. I prefer the more modern version. YMMV.

I'm a traditionalist but I'm not fond of nostalgia. I like everything in black and white. I'm not a romantic. I smoke machine made cigars.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So today I seem to be in this new upgraded classic look . I freaking dig it ! I can see everything better and the fonts seem to be part of that . Maybe they got bigger or different but holy shit I can see much better . I think the setup of the site or whatever you call it is just off the chart ... its just easier . Damn good job @sisyphus
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I really love that I can see the message icon ... I couldnt before . That space there where it is ... its perfect
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

well I had been afraid to update the default theme for a while because I had committed the sin of hand editing a lot of it to make the site like I wanted. So far it appears that the update fixed some issues. When I did it, I switched everyone to the classic theme, and then when I was done I flushed the server cache and logged everyone out.

If you're having issues, as always flushing your web browser cache usually fixes everything.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I just went from white to black in the modern theme. I am totally digging it!

Try it out. It will rock your PSF experience like it has never been rocked before. If you don't like it, you can always go back. My great uncle who bequeathed me his dogeared bible and nicked-blade pocketknife always used to say, "Fortune favors the bold." Words to Iive by.

You never know. Once you go black modern, you might never go back to PSF classic. It's like a parallel universe, only better.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:36 pm I just went from white to black in the modern theme. I am totally digging it!
I can see myself using it late in the evening
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

sisyphus wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:17 pm as of this day 78% of members use the modern theme, 22% classic
What are the numbers in February 2021? :lurk:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.