Missouri Meerschaum, 1955

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Awesome post! I really like the Osage there on page 8, that'd be sweet pipe to have!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 am Awesome post! I really like the Osage there on page 8, that'd be sweet pipe to have!
Could you even imagine having a company like the 1955 Missouri Meerschaum around today? Cob heaven, baby.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am
Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 am Awesome post! I really like the Osage there on page 8, that'd be sweet pipe to have!
Could you even imagine having a company like the 1955 Missouri Meerschaum around today? Cob heaven, baby.

I would definitely own a ton more cobs! :D
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

I would definitely own a ton more cobs! :D
WARNING: RANT AHEAD

Everyone says that but Missouri Meerschaum still won't budge. Sure, they will throw a bone and make these reverse calabash cobs and some guys like them, but c'mon. They are not oblivious to what cob smokers want, they just won't do it. I don't believe that they can't do it.

Bring on the reed cobs. Well, they say, we can't get reeds any more. I don't know if they can or can't but that sounds more like an excuse. Reeds grow out of the ground for goodness sake, just like corn. And Washington is on a river, grow some flippin' reeds!

Bring on the corn dogs. Please! Heaven knows they'd sell out. People are so starved for good smoking corn that they can't even keep the old PSF POS...errr, POY in stock. Starved, I tell ya.

Just bring back every pipe in that 1955 catalog, Missouri Meerschaum, you'd sell out in a week. Or less maybe. Quit coming up with dreck that nobody really wants. Outlaw pipes, Dreckner pokers, Shortstop...the list of what they try to pass off on us goes on and on. If you like the stuff they're making today then God bless...I'm not satisfied. The base pipes are good, Legend, CG, et al., but Missouri Meerschaum can do a lot better. They're coasting. :tumble: :uh:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I hear ya Kevin, they definitely could do a lot better with their offerings. I love my PSF1.0 2012 POY, "The Cob-warden". I could probably send Doug a cob and have him make me another one...
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

It almost looks like they were made better back then... or at least had better photos for propaganda in the '55 catalog. I'll +1 on the Cob Dog... had one in the refurb box back in 2010, but sold it before I knew what I had.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I love cobs, and have a few in rotation. But I'd have me a fistful of those corndogs in a New York minute!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:27 am I love cobs, and have a few in rotation. But I'd have me a fistful of those corndogs in a New York minute!
I would too. Heaven only knows what they'd charge for them though.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm holding out for a corndog too, they stick to the excuse that they don't have cobs large enough, that's BS considering all the new stuff they have put out.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I've never had one of the corn dogs nor seen one in person but they look like a pretty small pipe to me. Certainly not one of the huge mummert Rhodesian bulldog saucer things. I also call BS on the "we don't have cobs large enough" excuse
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin