Missouri Meerschaum, 1955

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:34 pm Oh and also as of last night those were not listed on the website. So a phone call / email is most likely required. I stole the pictures from a guy I follow that was on the factory tour yesterday
Supposedly they made 70 of them I think. Any that were not sold on the factory tour would go on the site.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:44 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:34 pm Oh and also as of last night those were not listed on the website. So a phone call / email is most likely required. I stole the pictures from a guy I follow that was on the factory tour yesterday
Supposedly they made 70 of them I think. Any that were not sold on the factory tour would go on the site.
Right, they only made seventy. And they commissioned a guy to make the shanks. Maybe they will hire him full time and they will start with diamond shanks. I just don't get the difficulty with these things. Maybe they did get rid of the necessary machinery years ago.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Right, they only made seventy. And they commissioned a guy to make the shanks. Maybe they will hire him full time and they will start with diamond shanks. I just don't get the difficulty with these things. Maybe they did get rid of the necessary machinery years ago.
Why would they do that? They are selling the pipe equivalent of the 60's Ford Falcon. People observe there is a market for the 60's Futura too. How hard can it be?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Why would they do that? They are selling the pipe equivalent of the 60's Ford Falcon. People observe there is a market for the 60's Futura too. How hard can it be?
yup. I never understood their reluctance and still don't.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Nobody appreciates anything good these days.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:13 pm Nobody appreciates anything good these days.
Word.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I was lucky to get a anniversary dog. They released 3 different types.

I would like to see them create the Radio pipe again. The golfer was cool too.. Square and diamond Shanks were pretty neat. Old dominion still makes some cool reed cobs.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Here's a page out of an old Wally Frank catalog. Not quite a MM but the price was right. Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I promised these pictures 5 years ago. Well, here they are, now in 2023! Sorry about the “delay”… I blame it on CRS!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Continued in the next post
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Continued from the above post

ImageImageImage
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!