Missouri Meerschaum, 1955

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:50 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Lol... I think your the only one who doesn't know.
Instagram, man! Get with program...! There is a large pipe smoking community on IG.
The pipe community on Instagram is pretty cool. I mean, we're there. What more reason could people possibly need? :lol:
My cool quotient is low. I can't really afford to spread it too thin. Just saying...
Not in my book! I'm not into spreading out either posting everywhere, it becomes work!
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

There are too many data streams and then there is the repeated material. In theory I have a twitter account, but it has just never captured my imagination.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

So I click on the link to a thread titled "Missouri Meerschaum, 1955" and the two posts I see on page 5 of this discussion are some quotes from an ongoing discussion of Instagram followed by talk about Twitter. Annnnnd, I need to go back five pages to find out how we got from 1955 to here.

I'm just going to pick an emoji at random to sum up my feelings about that. Ready, set, go------- :arrow:

As it turned out, it's the most underused emoji of all!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 pm So I click on the link to a thread titled "Missouri Meerschaum, 1955" and the two posts I see on page 5 of this discussion are some quotes from an ongoing discussion of Instagram followed by talk about Twitter. Annnnnd, I need to go back five pages to find out how we got from 1955 to here.

I'm just going to pick an emoji at random to sum up my feelings about that. Ready, set, go------- :arrow:

As it turned out, it's the most underused emoji of all!
This almost passes for a classic PSF derailment but we are to many pages in, usually it's after the third post.Lol...
I think that emoji means stay to the right? Dunno...
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm There are too many data streams and then there is the repeated material. In theory I have a twitter account, but it has just never captured my imagination.
My friend who tried to pitch Twitter to me when it first came out told me that there is this amazing social network where you write these things called Tweets and you can can follow random people. So when the time came to show me examples he wrote things like," I'm going for a walk" or "I'm eating pizza" I thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I've never created an account to this day. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Here, I'll sort of put it back on topic (for the record I stole the picture from Instagram lol)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm Here, I'll sort of put it back on topic (for the record I stole the picture from Instagram lol)
I'm going for a Forrest Gump walk to the MM factory in Washington, MO. On the way, the only thing I'm gonna eat is pizza. Talk about derailment, I haven't even read the first four pages of this thread. Guilty is as guilty does. :arrow:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:05 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm Here, I'll sort of put it back on topic (for the record I stole the picture from Instagram lol)
I'm going for a Forrest Gump walk to the MM factory in Washington, MO. On the way, the only thing I'm gonna eat is pizza. Talk about derailment, I haven't even read the first four pages of this thread. Guilty is as guilty does. :arrow:
Here I will give you the Spark Notes version -
Hey, check out this cool catalog from 1955 with all the great shapes MM made.
Want to go back in time and buy cobs.
They make the reverse calabash cobs which are stupid, they should make reed stemmed cobs and corndogs again!
MM claims they don't have cobs big enough to make corndog, but that is nonsense they just don't want to make them.
Random speculation about their manufacturing process.
MM on some social media.
houtenziel cleverly takes a stab at them for being instagram using pipe hipsters :)
Father Tom agrees, makes houtenziel seem even more clever.
Hipsters try to defend themselves.
Thread derailed..
Which I think about brings us up to date.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 pm
They make the reverse calabash cobs which are stupid, they should make reed stemmed cobs and corndogs again!
MM claims they don't have cobs big enough to make corndog, but that is nonsense they just don't want to make them.
MM on some social media.
houtenziel cleverly takes a stab at them for being instagram using pipe hipsters :)
Thread derailed..
Right on almost every point. I'm far too fat and old to be a hipster :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 pm
MM on some social media.
Thread derailed..
Well I did slip on some ice today and fell on my hip.
The Troll Whisperer