"Elementary, my dear Watson..."

avid

Longshanks wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:54 pm I picked up The Sherlock Holmes Collection (with Basil and Nigel) while I worked on the road. I found it either at Loves or a Flying J truck stop. It only had 4 stories on it, a couple of old movie trailers, and an interview with Sir Arther Conan Doyle. Must have watched it at least 10 times, so I've gotten my money's worth. I'd have watched it many times more if only I had more control over the TV at home. :(

I also noticed Roku has been popping up more Sherlock movies lately... even the ol' Basil and Nigel flicks... FYI.

Anyway, there's just something about smoking a pipe and watching the ol' Sherlock movies. I'd love to design a man-cave with one wall recreating his fireplace mantel... with all the interesting little bottles and what not. ;)
vey neat, double like!

sometimes the electronics can get the best of ya... :x LOL

i'm gonna just go to Youtube, see what i can fnd
insufferable filter guy
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I enjoy the old Sherlock flicks but the new ones are a good time with a home theater ;)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:34 pm I enjoy the old Sherlock flicks but the new ones are a good time with a home theater ;)
old - good
new = bad
LOL

in the newer versions, do they show pipe smoking?

(remember they even took the pipe and prose away from santa claus... :x )
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I love old movies, and realized that I'd never seen this one. I found it on Youtube, downloaded it and watched it on my TV with some trickery. Good stuff!

You can watch the whole movie on youtube:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

houtenziel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:31 pm I love old movies, and realized that I'd never seen this one. I found it on Youtube, downloaded it and watched it on my TV with some trickery. Good stuff!

You can watch the whole movie on youtube:
Good show, old chap!
insufferable filter guy
avid

1939 is a long time ago
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm I love Granada television's Sherlock Holmes .. Jeremy Brett is awesome and they ared done incredibly well
Beyond awesome.
ever forward
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I've got the complete Basil Rathbone collection of Holmes movies on dvd, it's pretty awesome! Worth checking out if you haven't seen them.
avid

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:23 pm I've got the complete Basil Rathbone collection of Holmes movies on dvd, it's pretty awesome! Worth checking out if you haven't seen them.
how many are there?
insufferable filter guy
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

avid wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:40 pm
Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:23 pm I've got the complete Basil Rathbone collection of Holmes movies on dvd, it's pretty awesome! Worth checking out if you haven't seen them.
how many are there?
I'll have to check when I get home, I don't remember off hand. Errr... hold on, I'm on the internet and that's what google is for! :facepalm: There are 14 if the interwebs are correct.