Tongue Therapy

User avatar
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm

What do y'all recommend to soothe tongue bite?

Whiskey? Honey? Windex?
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by (total 3):
avidMikeDennisonMaynard
User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:20 pm

avoid blends that bite you. I've only ever had one real case of it and it's no joke. I never smoked that blend again.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 3):
Bro UhahaMikeDennisonMaynard
Exemplo Ducemus
User avatar
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 pm

sisyphus wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:20 pm
avoid blends that bite you. I've only ever had one real case of it and it's no joke. I never smoked that blend again.
Yeah, it was a cherry flavored aro. I knew better but tried it anyway. 😑
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Biotene Mouthwash works good. It's pricey but it's the best I've found for tongue bite.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 4):
Bro UhahasisyphusMikeDennisonMaynard
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Maybe put some neosporin on your wound?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Bro UhahaMikeDennisonKevin KeithMaynardPreacher1611
Tsal... 🎳
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 10065
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm

I don't think I get tongue bite. I do get palate fatigue if I smoke too many flavor bombs, and I can "reset" things with a few bowls of SPRT or Cater Hall.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 5):
Bro UhahaMikeDennisonKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMaynard
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Maybe put some neosporin on your wound?
It's not really an open wound. More like a slight chemical burn. I'm guessing that there are numbing agents in certain aros. that allow you to get past the point of comfort and into trouble.
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleMaynard
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am
Location: Archdiocese of New Orleans

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Bro Uhaha wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Maybe put some neosporin on your wound?
....... I'm guessing that there are numbing agents in certain aros. that allow you to get past the point of comfort and into trouble.
That's how conspiracy theories get started.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleMaynard
...
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:50 pm

+1 on the Biotene.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
Bro UhahaBruyere_Royale
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Maybe put some neosporin on your wound?
....... I'm guessing that there are numbing agents in certain aros. that allow you to get past the point of comfort and into trouble.
That's how conspiracy theories get started.
'You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you.'
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by (total 4):
MikeDennisonWhalehead KingBruyere_RoyalePreacher1611
Post Reply