Should I or shouldn't I???

CoreyR
Founding Member

Well, this weekend the wife and I are heading out camping...sort of. We are hauling the mobile "hotel room on wheels" along behind us to Natural Bridge State PArk, one of Virginia's newest state parks and one with out a campground. Yep, NO campground.
Allow me to elaborate. I used to be a serious hammock camper. I seriously loved swinging in the breeze. First started with a little net hammock while I was stationed in Alaska back in the 80's and moved on to some SERIOUS rigs which could withstand temps down to below zero...though not "Alaska cold!" :lol:
Then fate/old army injuries stepped in and a combination of medical conditions have made it so that hammock camping is...just...not feasible anymore. I have to haul a little house around with me to "go camping" now-a-days."
However a hammock camping group, which I founded, is still going strong and they regularly do "service hangs" for the state parks here in Virginia. They get to camp for free and, in return, they spend a saturday doing a service project for the state park. Natural Bridge, one of America's natural wonders, has recently been acquired by Va State Parks and they are going to put in a campground, where none currently exists. They contacted the hammock group for manpower help on this, they now have a bit of a reputation for doing these things. For he second time running, since I have had to bow out of hammock camping, the group agreed to do the project only if the park would make an allowance for a camper to tag along. So, My wife and I will be "boondocking," in the woods near Natural Bridge.
I am somewhat concerned since the last time some of the guys were trying to figure out how to sling my camper between two trees.... :shock:
Anywho, my traditional campfire smoke is Dunhill Nightcap. I love to crack a tin and sit by the fire at night, puffing it slowly in a CW. Now I dunno, I have a few tins left but there aren't anymore.....hmmmm....should I our shouldn't I? :?
vwdeano

My vote would be a "should"... Those kind of days don't come around as often as they should. They truly warrant opening a dandy tin...
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

We only die once, may as well live while you're here. Crack that bastard and enjoy it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

If you only have a few tins I'd hold off opening one. You at least need thirty tins to be on the safe side.
The Troll Whisperer
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I want to know where I meet people like that... people who camp and do good deeds at the same time. These are the kind of people I like to associate with. And I like the hammock camp concept. I even have a hammock, just never camped in it.

As for tobacco, I don't know how you could go wrong with "tried and true". Plus it sounds like a special occasion. That being said, it could be a great time to pop a tin of "something else" that's really good. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Crack that tin and live the good life!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I think I shall go home and pack a tine of Night cap in my pipe travel bag!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Longshanks wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 pm I want to know where I meet people like that... people who camp and do good deeds at the same time. These are the kind of people I like to associate with. And I like the hammock camp concept. I even have a hammock, just never camped in it.

As for tobacco, I don't know how you could go wrong with "tried and true". Plus it sounds like a special occasion. That being said, it could be a great time to pop a tin of "something else" that's really good. :thumbs:
Old Dominion Hangers, yeah, I know, it don't sound right! LOL You can find them on Hammock Forum dot net. As far as I know, though, this is the only one in the country...world? that does "service hangs." We also get together and share gear with people who may not have enough to take their kids/family out camping with. I started it so that low income families, particularly single parents, could bring their children and teach them about some basic camping and simple "doing good for others."
Wooda
Founding Member

Pop it.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

This is the second time you've gotten a pass? Crack it, you probably have more tins of Nightcap than opportunities like this to indulge.