Cigarettes

houtenziel
Codger in Training
Posts: 2691
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 pm
I used to be a very heavy cigarette smoker: 3-5 packs a day and all of them after noon. I didn't smoke in the morning. That was some heavy chain-smoking going down when smoking was still allowed in bars in Connecticut. When I was a wee King, I started off with Newport Lights, then Joe Camel got me hooked on Camel Lights. I smoke unfiltered Luckies for years, then Nat Shermans and those flavored Camels in the metal boxes. Camel Izmir Stingers----man, that was a good smoke and the metal boxes were cooler than empty Sucrets boxes for stashing loose change and sewing notions.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about ten years. I'm not tempted. I smoke a lot of cigars, and pipes, of course. I smoke 3-4 cigars a day. Maybe a pipe or two when the mood catches me---more pipes and less cigars nowadays since I've discovered Panama Jack Key Lime tobacco.

I can't stand the smell of cigarettes anymore. When I smell them, I think "How often did I offend people's nostrils over the years with all the cigarettes I smoked?" Nowadays, I apologize that I've been smoking cigars when I meet people. They say, "We know. No worries. You smell good."

To this day, some people who knew me back in the day, they still call me Whalehead King, as they should; that's my nom-de-guerre.. They also call me my alternate nickname from back in the day when I walk in the room: "Hey, look! The Izmir Stinger's in the house."

'Nuff said.

If you want to listen to a moron talking about cologne, I provide this video:


If you don't have the patience for that, get a pack of machine made cigars or a tin of Panama Jack Key Lime tobacco. Ladies love the room note of SWRA. That's my smellerific tip of the day.
Izmir Stingers were good. I thought Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe tasted a lot like those when I first smoked it.
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 pm
I used to be a very heavy cigarette smoker: 3-5 packs a day and all of them after noon. I didn't smoke in the morning. That was some heavy chain-smoking going down when smoking was still allowed in bars in Connecticut. When I was a wee King, I started off with Newport Lights, then Joe Camel got me hooked on Camel Lights. I smoke unfiltered Luckies for years, then Nat Shermans and those flavored Camels in the metal boxes. Camel Izmir Stingers----man, that was a good smoke and the metal boxes were cooler than empty Sucrets boxes for stashing loose change and sewing notions.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about ten years. I'm not tempted. I smoke a lot of cigars, and pipes, of course. I smoke 3-4 cigars a day. Maybe a pipe or two when the mood catches me---more pipes and less cigars nowadays since I've discovered Panama Jack Key Lime tobacco.

I can't stand the smell of cigarettes anymore. When I smell them, I think "How often did I offend people's nostrils over the years with all the cigarettes I smoked?" Nowadays, I apologize that I've been smoking cigars when I meet people. They say, "We know. No worries. You smell good."

To this day, some people who knew me back in the day, they still call me Whalehead King, as they should; that's my nom-de-guerre.. They also call me my alternate nickname from back in the day when I walk in the room: "Hey, look! The Izmir Stinger's in the house."

'Nuff said.

If you want to listen to a moron talking about cologne, I provide this video:


If you don't have the patience for that, get a pack of machine made cigars or a tin of Panama Jack Key Lime tobacco. Ladies love the room note of SWRA. That's my smellerific tip of the day.


How do youn even find these videos you come with ... lol . It's bad enough they're made , but watching them .... it's kinda funny

This guy needs some bay rum and a throat punch
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
IslayphileMr BeardsleyBruyere_Royale
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 10204
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 am

Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:26 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:15 pm
I had a friend who used to smoke some unfiltered cigarette. He would say, "My body is a temple - see they are honey-cured." and show me the package. The name of the brand escapes me, and a quick web search came up empty. Does this ring any bells?

I was thinking about this guy the other day and wondering what he was up to.
Nope, the bells are silent. Maybe a foreign brand? Not to brag, but I'm pretty familiar with all the American brands. 8-)
It was a brand he could buy in gas stations. It was something like Lucky Strikes. Come to think of it, I never inspected the package to find the "honey-cured" bit, so maybe that was his imagination.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithWhalehead King
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Notrees

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:30 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 am
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:26 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:15 pm
I had a friend who used to smoke some unfiltered cigarette. He would say, "My body is a temple - see they are honey-cured." and show me the package. The name of the brand escapes me, and a quick web search came up empty. Does this ring any bells?

I was thinking about this guy the other day and wondering what he was up to.
Nope, the bells are silent. Maybe a foreign brand? Not to brag, but I'm pretty familiar with all the American brands. 8-)
It was a brand he could buy in gas stations. It was something like Lucky Strikes. Come to think of it, I never inspected the package to find the "honey-cured" bit, so maybe that was his imagination.
Well, you know Luckies had "It's Toasted" printed on the pack. I bet he just misstated it.
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 10204
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 am

Kevin Keith wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:30 am
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 am
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:26 pm

Nope, the bells are silent. Maybe a foreign brand? Not to brag, but I'm pretty familiar with all the American brands. 8-)
It was a brand he could buy in gas stations. It was something like Lucky Strikes. Come to think of it, I never inspected the package to find the "honey-cured" bit, so maybe that was his imagination.
Well, you know Luckies had "It's Toasted" printed on the pack. I bet he just misstated it.
I can believe he was confused about the slogan. He may have been confused about just what his body was a temple "to" as well. You don't want to take another man's inventory and all that. I do remember a darker package than the Luckies.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by:
Kevin Keith
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Notrees

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:51 am

I liked smoking cigarettes. Of course I inhaled. I don't inhale any smoke anymore, so no more cigarettes for me. I guess I could smoke them like a cigar or pipe but that just doesn't feel right to me. Ya gots to get that sweet, sweet smoke deep down to get a satisfying cigarette smoke. At least I do. I liked Lucky Strike and Pall Mall for unfiltered. Camels were ok, but not as good. I liked a couple of menthols later on, they might have been my favorites. Kool Filter Kings were the best. And they had a nice clean, white pack I liked. Image Nowadays it's some green looking pack that I hate. Image I bet the cigarettes are different too. I do not like the change...any change really, but you got to adapt, right? And...you can't find a soft pack to save your life.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleEllis You
User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am

no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyRuffinogoldEllis You
Exemplo Ducemus
User avatar
Wooda
Founding Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am
Location: Burlington, VT

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am

sisyphus wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am
no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
I have to ask, does picayune make a good cig?
This post by Wooda liked by:
Kevin Keith
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 3329
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Notrees

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:44 am

Wooda wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am
sisyphus wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am
no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
I have to ask, does picayune make a good cig?
American Spirit makes cigarettes with perique...roll your own pouches too. So I'll say it makes good cigarettes.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Wooda
colorduke
Junior Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:11 am

I burnt a many of Winston red and Camel non filters for years till the price got out of control.Now I roll my own and don't smoke them like a freight train till I get time for my pipe or cigars at home.
This post by colorduke liked by (total 2):
IslayphileEllis You
Post Reply