Cooked Molars

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wonder if your sudden Virginia bombardment has something to do with the tooth issue. It's pretty common to read that va's burn hotter than a "normal" blend so maybe it's a factor?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm Wonder if your sudden Virginia bombardment has something to do with the tooth issue. It's pretty common to read that va's burn hotter than a "normal" blend so maybe it's a factor?
That's a good point. I personally haven't noticed a difference in smoke temps, but I suppose it's entirely possible since the way I tend to clench sort of prevents me from using my tongue as a thermometer. Yesterday and today I've been trying my best not to smoke clenched, and the teeth seem like they have mellowed down to near normal. I have a feeling that it's my smoking style, and my teeth have just had enough of acting as heat sinks.. and I it's such an ingrained habit now, that it's going to take some serious focus to break it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm Wonder if your sudden Virginia bombardment has something to do with the tooth issue. It's pretty common to read that va's burn hotter than a "normal" blend so maybe it's a factor?
That's a good point. I personally haven't noticed a difference in smoke temps, but I suppose it's entirely possible since the way I tend to clench sort of prevents me from using my tongue as a thermometer. Yesterday and today I've been trying my best not to smoke clenched, and the teeth seem like they have mellowed down to near normal. I have a feeling that it's my smoking style, and my teeth have just had enough of acting as heat sinks.. and I it's such an ingrained habit now, that it's going to take some serious focus to break it.
Could possibly be from clenching in general, your bite line might be starting to change to suit your grip. I can only clench now on my left side comfortably, the right side seems to have moved and the buttons feel wonky
The Troll Whisperer