USPS "Insured"

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Blame the computers/sorters. Darn technology.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

CoreyR wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am Now I'm sorry that I brought it up. I guess nothing is safe to discuss anymore. Y'all have a good day.
Nothing wrong with venting a little.. it's all good.πŸ‘
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am Blame the computers/sorters. Darn technology.
Agreed.. If I could still send a package by man on horseback, I would totally do it.
β€œTo educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Flyfish Falls wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 am
sisyphus wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 am the usps is being undermined by republicans who want to privatize. There's a lot of material out there about how the usps is self funding that wrecks the republican claims, but they continue to cut staffing and budget. Someone is going to make a lot of money when they finally shut the doors and give the contract to a private concern. Blame the politicians not the service.
As Site Adin, you should know that a pipe forum is no place for politics. Very disappointing on your part.
seems to me there's a big difference between spewing whatever my politics may be and stating information that is easily verified for anyone who wants to look for it. I disagree with your assessment of my reply, and in any event your response is off topic whereas mine was relevant to the OP.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am Blame the computers/sorters. Darn technology.
Agreed.. If I could still send a package by man on horseback, I would totally do it.
What do you have against truck drivers?
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 am
Technology. :D To be fair, I also am against zippers, and think we should return to buttons. :lol:
β€œTo educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

CoreyR wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 am
sisyphus wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 am the usps is being undermined by republicans who want to privatize. There's a lot of material out there about how the usps is self funding that wrecks the republican claims, but they continue to cut staffing and budget. Someone is going to make a lot of money when they finally shut the doors and give the contract to a private concern. Blame the politicians not the service.
Funny, I started noticing the post office going to crap long ago, during the Clinton years but hey, who's counting?
I can only comment on usps service from the perspective of someone who has used it profusely since the dawn of eBay kicked my collecting personality defect into hyperdrive. I've never had an issue until about the last year or so, and had always chosen usps for packages because of the low cost and quick delivery, I've had a couple hair raising experiences with shipping wristwatches during the last year that scared the crap out of me, although in both cases everything worked out in the end. If I have to ship anything over $100 from now on, I'll pay extra for UPS.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 10:12 am

Technology. :D To be fair, I also am against zippers, and think we should return to buttons. :lol:
:lol:
Yeah, zippers are lame!
The Troll Whisperer
Scap

Zippers aren't evil, unless you go commando.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 10:16 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 am What do you have against truck drivers?
:lol:
Yeah, zippers are lame!
In addition to zippers being lame I'd submit that they're downright DANGEROUS... if you've had a few too many adult beverages! :lol:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!