Star Trek: Picard

Ronv69
Founding Member

I also don't plan to pay for streaming the worst network.
God and Texas!
CoreyR
Founding Member

That most recent ST series, I don't even recall its name, completely lost me on the whole thing. I liked it up until TNG and a bit of Voyager and Enterprise. There was nothing technically "wrong" with DS9, it just never caught my attention. This thing they came out with a few months ago??? Too much PC and too little Star Trek.
This??? I'll keep an optimistic eye out.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Since we're saying what we liked and didn't, I'll chime in again. I liked the original, campy as it was. Now I find the campiness is half the fun of that show! I liked TNG after the first season...OMG, would it be possible to BE more boring than that first season? (No.) Voyager was good, IMO. I really enjoyed DS9. Enterprise was good on and off, but had too short a run to really develop. Discovery...as [mention]CoreyR[/mention] has said...was far too PC, though the CGI was incredible.

I've enjoyed Patrick Stewart's acting since his days as a Shakespearean. I'm hoping he still has the presence to pull this off.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'll throw in my opinion as well, original series: awesome and cheesy, TNG: grew on me after awhile and I now love it, DS9 is my all time favorite ST, Voyager has some good episodes but I never liked it, Enterprise? I just couldn't get into it. The newest one is just not my thing.
CoreyR
Founding Member

ST fans have always been a strange and cantankerous lot but this most recent take on it, "Discovery" just seemed to force us down a path which I think a lot of us were uncomfortable with.
I hope this new, "picard" creation can bring us back from that.
Whalehead King

Sorry, Shatner fans, but Picard was the best captain. Followed by Sisko. Kirk is tied for third with Janeway.

These are fighting words in some RPG and comic shops but I stand by this opinion.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

whalehead king wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:34 pm sorry, shatner fans, but picard was the best captain. followed by sisko. kirk is tied for third with janeway.

these are fighting words in some rpg and comic shops but i stand by this opinion.
wk, are you tryin' to pick a fight? start a rumble? initiate a donnybrook? kick off a brouhaha? :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Kirk would kick Jon Luc's arse.

For that matter, so would Janeway.

Sisko? Major Kira would finish him off in pretty short order.
Last edited by arturo7 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever forward
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

As for the Orville, excepting the Vulcan brat, any three members of that crew would fight a single Tribble to a draw.
ever forward
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I didn't think the Orville was part of the Star Trek universe. I couldn't even finish the first episode.