2019 Pipe Smokers Gathering-Richmond, Virginia

CoreyR
Founding Member

Ok, Who's going??? Other than me??? I have not seen a thread on there yet so....
The show will be on Saturday, October 5th from 9-5. the location is 600 Perdue Ave Richmond, Va 23224. I have not been to the Richmond show since they restarted it, they seem to keep having it the same weekend as the Grayson fall festival every year and....Pipes/tobacco.....Mt Rogers......hmmmm Too much "mountain man" in me I reckon! This year though, they are different weekends so I'll be there. Good thing too, as I drive right by the place every afternoon!
Anyone else going?
https://conclaveofrichmondpipesmokers.o ... -show-2019
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:45 pm Ok, Who's going??? Other than me??? I have not seen a thread on there yet so....
The show will be on Saturday, October 5th from 9-5. the location is 600 Perdue Ave Richmond, Va 23224. I have not been to the Richmond show since they restarted it, they seem to keep having it the same weekend as the Grayson fall festival every year and....Pipes/tobacco.....Mt Rogers......hmmmm Too much "mountain man" in me I reckon! This year though, they are different weekends so I'll be there. Good thing too, as I drive right by the place every afternoon!
Anyone else going?
https://conclaveofrichmondpipesmokers.o ... -show-2019
Ouch, that's a tough decision. Same day as Monster Fest...
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think that's about the time I leave a job in Pa. .. if so , I'll catch it on the way down to georgia
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Decisions decisions..... :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

CoreyR wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 am Decisions decisions..... :?
Do it ... and bring money :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm
CoreyR wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 am Decisions decisions..... :?
Do it ... and bring money :)
Oh, I did not mean "decisions" for me, I am going to the show, and bringing cash!!! Might even stay for the evenings...wait, no, going to be taking my babe to an event down the James at Chippokes that evening. I'll be at the show though!
CoreyR
Founding Member

We should get a list together of who we have going. Maybe we could get together for breakfast before the show?
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

I'm going. Don't know if I'd make if for breakfast though. I've never been. Cash only? Surely folks will have square readers?
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
CoreyR
Founding Member

JTWilliams wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:23 pm I'm going. Don't know if I'd make if for breakfast though. I've never been. Cash only? Surely folks will have square readers?
I have no idea. Usually show a re a mix but I make a habit of walking in with some cash in pocket.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I stopped by there yesterday, on the way home from work. The place is literally within site of my daily drive home.
It is one block over from US Route 1/301/Jefferson Davis Highway. You turn west off of Jeff Davis on Maury Street (across from the "301 Express) and them take the first left, Perdue St. Do NOT turn into the neighboring plants parking lot off of Maury. Perdue is a short, wide street headed down to the Sutliff building and I did not see much parking there. There is a small trucking lot on the far end of the building. Maybe there is more area in there than I realized, for parking?
There are no signs on the Sutliff building, just the crests for Sutliff and McBarren, on the glass of the front doors.
It is right across the street from the back of the Maury cemetery, a very old Richmond landmark.
Just FYI, and I am sure someone will attack me for saying this but, in good faith I have to pass it along, this is NOT the .....ummmm....."best" area of Richmond. Lots of old industry hanging on but....if someone approaches you, outside of the event, I doubt they have your best interests in mind if you catch my drift. This is why I am stopping for breakfast so far away.