2019 Pipe Smokers Gathering-Richmond, Virginia

CoreyR
Founding Member

Tomorrow's the day!
Whalehead King

I won't be there, unfortunately.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Well, the deed is done. For those who did not make it, my condolences. For those who did, hope you enjoyed it.
Later today I shall be posting some pictures of the Sutliff plant tour. Be ready to see great big burlap bundles and hogshead casks of Basma, Perique, Latakia, Izmir and others. Standing in the warehouse and production rooms full of those wonderful aromas!!!!
The show it self was pretty good though there was nowhere near the number of tobacco blenders available as there have been in years past. Sutliff themselves were only selling four or five of their blends. Had all of the others setting out, on display, but only selling a bare handful. Oh well, I'll get more into it later, when I post pics.
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 am Well, the deed is done. For those who did not make it, my condolences. For those who did, hope you enjoyed it.
Later today I shall be posting some pictures of the Sutliff plant tour. Be ready to see great big burlap bundles and hogshead casks of Basma, Perique, Latakia, Izmir and others. Standing in the warehouse and production rooms full of those wonderful aromas!!!!
The show it self was pretty good though there was nowhere near the number of tobacco blenders available as there have been in years past. Sutliff themselves were only selling four or five of their blends. Had all of the others setting out, on display, but only selling a bare handful. Oh well, I'll get more into it later, when I post pics.
I had a pretty nice time as well. Never been. I made it out without dropping TOO much $$$. I was there early and only for a few hours (my lady friend and I had lots we wanted to do in Richmond), but I enjoyed it.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I got screwed into staying in Pa longer than I wanted . Would loved to have made it . Pics , man , pics ! :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

My apologies about the pics but I ended up in the VA hospital, then had family in, and I am going back in the hospital (probably) today. Got to go in for a follow up appointment and my doctor has been screaming at me to "go to the emergency room," for the past three days so I am assuming I will end up admitted again. I am taking a bag with me. I hate dealing with the VA. To top it off the water in my house just stopped last night. Just what I needed, another bill.
Anyway, I will get the pics up sooner or later. Lord willing.