Confessions Of A Pipe Smoker

Whalehead King

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 pm 14) Okay, okay, it is time for me to get real. I finally and unconditionally admit, at risk of being banned, that there are some pipe smokers I don't want to be around. 'Tells' include: A moustache of a style from more than 120 years ago, braces AKA suspenders on a man who could use a belt (some of us shouldn't bother), an obsession with being the vocal expert on some kind of craft beverage, and above-all-else any form of smartalecky condescension.

Brother, if you know more than somebody else about something uncommon, share your knowledge with joy - don't weaponize it into a manchild game. If you are a jerk when I walk into your B&M, I'm never walking in again. If you mess around with my order, you ain't getting my money again - I work for those credits and I'd rather be fishing.

'People were hip before there were hipsters, and my people will be hip again.' -Uhaha
I know who approves this message------

She is the muse of machine made cigar aficionados.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:13 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 pm 14) Okay, okay, it is time for me to get real. I finally and unconditionally admit, at risk of being banned, that there are some pipe smokers I don't want to be around. 'Tells' include: A moustache of a style from more than 120 years ago, braces AKA suspenders on a man who could use a belt (some of us shouldn't bother), an obsession with being the vocal expert on some kind of craft beverage, and above-all-else any form of smartalecky condescension.

Brother, if you know more than somebody else about something uncommon, share your knowledge with joy - don't weaponize it into a manchild game. If you are a jerk when I walk into your B&M, I'm never walking in again. If you mess around with my order, you ain't getting my money again - I work for those credits and I'd rather be fishing.

'People were hip before there were hipsters, and my people will be hip again.' -Uhaha

When I sent you that picture of my cousin on the rebound, I didn't expect you to spread it around.
Whalehead King

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:17 pm

When I sent you that picture of my cousin on the rebound, I didn't expect you to spread it around.
That's Muriel Hauptmann, an enemy only to those who make her their enemy and a friend for those who have no friends. There are songs about her.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm

That's Muriel Hauptmann, an enemy only to those who make her their enemy and a friend for those who have no friends. There are songs about her.
Interestingly.. Hauptmann in German translates roughly to "head man", as in leader or captain.
Also.. the conspiracy is starting to unravel..
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:54 am
Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Interestingly.. Hauptmann in German translates roughly to "head man", as in leader or captain.
Also.. the conspiracy is starting to unravel..
No conspiracy, but semi-devine gift of the Machine Made Cigar semi-deities. In 2014 Muriel Hauptmann was sent as Patroness of Machine Made Cigars to aid mortal men in their selections and to either grant or withhold machine made goodness. Thus far she has been very gracious.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha

16) I concede that sometimes what I really want is a chewy plastic MM stem to chomp on. Probably has something to do with being bottle fed.
Dr Uhaha

17) I confess/profess that pipe smokers smell like rose petals compared to cigarette smokers. In fact, I suspect that pipe smokers can still smell and taste things cigarette smokers literally cannot.
avid

Bro Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 pm 17) I confess/profess that pipe smokers smell like rose petals compared to cigarette smokers. In fact, I suspect that pipe smokers can still smell and taste things cigarette smokers literally cannot.
wow already up to #17 you're a wreck
insufferable filter guy
Dr Uhaha

avid wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 pm 17) I confess/profess that pipe smokers smell like rose petals compared to cigarette smokers. In fact, I suspect that pipe smokers can still smell and taste things cigarette smokers literally cannot.
You got that sh*t right. 🤣
Just getting warmed up.
avid

Bro Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:58 pm
avid wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 pm
You got that sh*t right. 🤣
Just getting warmed up.
LOL
insufferable filter guy