Confessions Of A Pipe Smoker

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Preacher1611 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:08 pm 28) I confess that I am consciously prejudiced against people who smack gum in waiting rooms. They should be segregated into separate but equal waiting rooms.
#6 - I am one of those gum smackers you speak of. :oops:
It's okay - when I quit smoking for a few days due to dry mouth I caught myself smacking gum on the phone with someone. Total hypocrite.
avid

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:39 pm 29) I confess that I am attracted to painted pipes.
as soon as you get to 100), then we'll know for sure you are one messed up dude...LOL
insufferable filter guy
Dr Uhaha

avid wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:10 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:39 pm 29) I confess that I am attracted to painted pipes.
as soon as you get to 100), then we'll know for sure you are one messed up dude...LOL
99) I confess that I left a few things out of my first real confession - not due to embarrassment - just to save time. The good monsignor's eyes had glazed over and his knowing smile had frozen hard. God bless him.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

I confess that I often smoke too fast and use a lot of Biotene. I'm cheap and when I discovered the Walmart brand for half price, I switched. I'm not quite 40 and every time I see a kid walking down the street with his jeans down below his rear I want to go smack him and tell him to pull his damn pants up. It especially irritates me. I want to see one of them waddling around while trying to run from the cops. Would make my day. I feel the same way about the skinny jeans kids...give your girlfriend back her damn pants!

Back to tobacco related stuff....
I don't give my pipes equal love. I've had sample bags sitting in a jar for about a year and haven't even tried them. I'm really happy that the Dunhill blends are back under the Peterson name. I do like a few C&D blends. I have probably more tobacco than I will ever smoke and keep buying more. I sometimes wish I had a son to will my pipes and tobaccos to when I die.
Crusty Cob

I like this thread. I got a couple.

1) I dont care what people do/say/think/wear or act. Just dont try to involve me in the BS.

2) I have never and will never pay more than $10 for a pipe. If it stuffs, lights, and puffs that's all I look for in a pipe. I have over 20 pipes and only smoke 7 or 8.

3) I dont care how great a blend was before it was discontinued 90 years ago. Fact is nobody alive has ever smoked it when new. I'm not paying $8 an ounce to bring back experiences I never had.

3) I have given up on finding an acceptable cherry aro.
RoyOdhner1980

1) I kinda like M79
2) There are only two blends I really don't like" Paladin and Spinniker.
3) I have two DrG pipes that smoke like champs, and I really can't tell the difference between either one of those $40 pipes and any one of my $200 pipes.
4) I remember B&M pipe shops, but I don't remember any of them being anything really special.
5) I get tickled when people call pipe smoking an "art" or give fill techniques special names.
6) I don't think pipe smoking is a mystic ritual: you fill the end with the big hole full of tobacco, you light the tobacco with a flame produced by either wooden matches or a Bic lighter, and then you imbibe the smoke through the end with the little hole.
7) I've yet to find a better pipe tool than a $1.00 pipe nail.
8) Gimme some SWR, LRR, or a MacB blend and I'm good to go. My "desert island" blend is SWR.
9) I could be a very contented pipe smoker for the rest of my life with a just pair of MM diplomats, a couple of spare stems (the amber ones), a Bic lighter, a pipe nail, and a cabinet full of SWR.
10) Learning to cellar was the best thing I ever did. Sure I prefer good old codger blends, but there are times I want something really special - and a well-aged VA blend is tough to beat when paired with a cold glass of sweet tea or a hot mug of black coffee.
Dr Uhaha

30) I confess that I smoked Squadron Leader for 450 miles yesterday, top loading as I drove, AND that I feel no guilt for doing so.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm 30) I confess that I smoked Squadron Leader for 450 miles yesterday, top loading as I drove, AND that I feel no guilt for doing so.
I confess that I'm envious of that kind of coordination. I'm pret-ty sure I'd be off the road at some point. But it sounds like ya had a great trip! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 pm 1) I pretended to like Morrissey in high school, for a girl.
2) My first pipe tobacco was Captain Black Cherry.

Of these, I regret CBC the most.
It still hurts my tongue to think about it.
I knew there would be gold in this topic when I found it! This is the best start to one yet!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Jlando19

1) I have this issue where if I see a guy wearing flip flops in public, I automatically assume that I can kick his....
I first heard a comedian make that statement and it has stuck with me ever since.

2) I live in Texas (for the past 17 years) proudly consider myself a Texan, but despise most country music, cowboy hats and boots.

3) I smoke a pipe, shave with a straight razor, like anything that's impossible to find, read books, follow a weird diet, ride a Harley, practice a martial art that's almost cult like in its following and live in Austin. I swear I'm not a hipster.

4) If I've heard you chew food out loud, I have fantasized about your death.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.