Whatcha Doin'?

Middle Earth

I heart dogs and pipe smokers in that order
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

With the help of my future son in law we just spread out a yard of mulch in the flower beds in front of the house.
I bought 10 solar powered pathway lights to put in tomorrow also.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Try Cob

Today, I had a good nap - worked hard at it, nose to the pillow-foam, no breaks, and got'er done. Then we entertained a younger couple who came by to have us remove a tick from the lady's, uh, tick-bite. Now, it's home-made red beans and rice with Cajun sausage and garlic bread with a healthy slice of raw Sweet Vidalia onion and iced, very lightly sweetened tea - a feast. Yeah, tough day in the 'hood.

I read this to Christine, who insists on sharing her day: "You tell 'em I have spent my day in the ninety-five-degree heat schlepping stuff from the garage to the new greenhouse, pruned some overgrown shrubs and cleaned up the mess, got out my Little Giant and 'lectric chain-saw and cut a few limbs big as your arm and cleaned that up, cooked home-made red beans and rice, and now I have to finish sprayin' for bugs out back because I was interrupted by your friends who needed tick servicing and it was me had to do it - not we - but that's all I got done of your list today."

"Don't you go gettin' lazy on me in our golden years, now,, baby."

"You're just lucky I love you so much."

Yes. Yes, I am.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am about to head out for an anniversary dinner . The restaurants are open again at half capacity. I will have my mask so we can get in the door.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 pm I will have my mask so we can get in the door.
congratulations...wish i could make u a nice dinner and you wouldn't need to deal with "the mask"
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:55 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 pm I will have my mask so we can get in the door.
congratulations...wish i could make u a nice dinner and you wouldn't need to deal with "the mask"
It is all good. We had a great time.

Amusingly, every table in this particular room of the restaurant had a couple celebrating an anniversary. Another table heard the waiter mention it and they said, "Hey, it is our anniversary too!." Another table chimed in, then another.

52 years
50 years
38 years
35 years
21 years

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Amusingly, every table in this particular room of the restaurant had a couple celebrating an anniversary. Another table heard the waiter mention it and they said, "Hey, it is our anniversary too!." Another table chimed in, then another.

52 years
50 years
38 years
35 years
21 years
now that is quite amazing, i guess you picked the right place, but you haven't said which one you are...?
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:56 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:42 pm

52 years
50 years
38 years
35 years
21 years
now that is quite amazing, i guess you picked the right place, but you haven't said which one you are...?
It has been 38 years for us.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 pm I am about to head out for an anniversary dinner . The restaurants are open again at half capacity. I will have my mask so we can get in the door.
Happy Anniversary! 38 years! 🥂
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:29 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 pm I am about to head out for an anniversary dinner . The restaurants are open again at half capacity. I will have my mask so we can get in the door.
Happy Anniversary! 38 years! 🥂
At the Adult Sunday School last week, someone asked how many years, and I said 38. He responded, "That is s good start."

Old Ted Award - 2017