Whatcha Doin'?

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:16 pm Repairing ye olde Dyson after it suffered a particularly suspicious fall down the stairs.
When the time comes to buy a new vacuum you should check out Sharks. Great product.
We have a Shark and like it.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:33 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:16 pm Repairing ye olde Dyson after it suffered a particularly suspicious fall down the stairs.
When the time comes to buy a new vacuum you should check out Sharks. Great product.
We have a Shark and like it.
I've had the same one for 8 years and it still works as new. I replaced the sponge filter once.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Well, if our vacuum is going to be launched through the air every time somebody gets pissed about something, I will be buying a less expensive one. Miss the days when the only thing you had to deal with was a paper bag and the occasional belt. ✔
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:34 am
Well, if our vacuum is going to be launched through the air every time somebody gets pissed about something, I will be buying a less expensive one. Miss the days when the only thing you had to deal with was a paper bag and the occasional belt. ✔
Then you'll be buying more of them or you can go old school with a wood bristle broom.✔
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 am When the time comes to buy a new vacuum you should check out Sharks. Great product.
Then you'll be buying more of them or you can go old school with a wood bristle broom.✔
I like the way you think. ✔✔
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:50 am
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:53 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:50 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 am Then you'll be buying more of them or you can go old school with a wood bristle broom.✔
✔✔✔
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:05 am
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 am
I've had cell phones mysteriously fly across rooms and strike hard surfaces. Anything like that?
Well, I can't be sure, but I believe I heard an angry swear word a full second before the crash rather than afterwards. 😊
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's amazing! It was exactly the same with the mysterious cell phone flights!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Today I learned that buffing wheels can and will scratch the crap out of vulcanite, especially if the compound in them is hard from being in a cold shop. So I am now hand buffing out some scratches I just added to a couple pipe stems.. So the public service announcement for today is 1. warm up your wheels before hogging away on something you value. Or, 2. Just man up and polish the stems by hand from now on, like I will be doing, and you won't have that problem.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 am When the time comes to buy a new vacuum you should check out Sharks. Great product.
Or, [mention]Dr Uhaha[/mention], you could obtain one of those old battleship Electrolux, cast iron, self-propelled jobs. They can't be thrown down the stairs because they can't be picked up off the floor. And if it get's shoved down stairs, it won't break...though it may bust up the sheet rock a little.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-