Whalehead King wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm

I'll buy him two:
pizza pizza is a Canadian chain, probably an infringement

This post by avid liked by:
Bamarick
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

Mrs. King did the math today. We are officially on Day 50 of our local shutdown. I've lost ten pounds. It's amazing what a person can accomplish when all the bars and restaurants are closed.

Mr. Gadabout, I am rarely at home under normal circumstances, forever out and about, making my rounds, spreading cheer and bonhomie. 50 days of this. I was going nuts after two weeks!

Here is an update on my Charles Atlas exercise regime progress for those of you keeping track.

I do not want to imitate Mr. Atlas' physique. If I did I would have to buy all new clothes and that's not in the budget right now.

His book is a pleasure to read. Before I bought it, I read a lot about him and no one had anything bad to say about the man. He was legit. His writing style is very personable and it is all about helping the reader (me) increase his health, vitality, and build up some muscle. I don't follow his regime religiously but there are some exercises I do do every day, and I add more every couple of days. I have certainly firmed up. While I can't yet tear a phone book in half, I have no desire to do so, even if I could find a phone book today. I can't remember the last time I saw a phone book. I was going to say I could substitute a volume of an encyclopedia, but I doubt I could find one of those either.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the Charles Atlas course. I recommend it. With our gym closed, this has proven to a very nice routine that doesn't need any equipment. I'm even thinking about quitting the gym when it's time to renew my membership but, where would I take a steam bath?

I enjoy doing these exercises with Charles Atlas' encouraging advice in my mind the whole time. Two thumbs up. If you are tired of getting sand kicked in your face when you finally have a chance to go to the beach, this course might be for you.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomEllis Youavid
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Earlier I put a lengthy amount of string line on my new fishing reel. That killed about 10 minutes.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomBamarick
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Bamarick

Today I've been building a Carpenter Bee Trap and a Bluebird House for a friend of my wife. If I charged by the hour they would cost $200.00 each, instead I'm just giving them to her out of the goodness of my heart, and because no better than they look no one would pay anything for them :)
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomEllis Youavid
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
Whalehead King

My corner grocer picked up today's tab. I go every day, just to have something to do. Aside from trips to the post office to mail things, and going to Our Lady of the Rosary Church at the end of our street for prayer, it's the only time I get out of the house aside from our morning bicycle ride for an hour and walking the dog.

I rarely spend much money on groceries. I eat like a bird, but it's nice to talk to somebody besides Mrs. King every day----you can tell her I said that because she is well aware that I am going crazy locked up in the house without any outside stimulation. Today, Mrs. King came with me, which means a bigger bill because she likes to the cook.

So, the tab came to 50 bucks and change. I put the money on the counter but Karen (there are only four employees, all family) reached under the counter and put $50 in the till from there. I wasn't really paying attention and when we were done, I noticed my $50 was still on the counter. "We appreciate how you've supported us. We're doing this for the people we know are out of work," she said. "Today's your turn."

And that is another reason that Terranova's Supermarket has been a neighborhood institution for 95 years: their good hearts and their sausage recipe.

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 6):
Fr_TomMiddle EarthavidBruyere_RoyaleKevin KeithEllis You
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing

I would have forced her to take my $$$$$
But good for you if you need charity
No shame in that
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomBamarick
Whalehead King

Middle Earth wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:42 pm
I would have forced her to take my $$$$$
But good for you if you need charity
No shame in that
I'm not at that point yet, but I appreciate their gesture. It shows I am a valued customer. I will repay it in kind. I'll be back tomorrow. The only day I don't go is Sunday because they are closed Sundays, so I don't shop on Sunday.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithEllis YouMiddle EarthFr_Tom
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Ya know what I am up to? I am sittin hear trying to figure out how in the hell the price's for trimming up the tree in the front yard are so expensive.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithMiddle EarthFr_TomEllis You
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing

@ Whalehead King
Many times I have "trained" a bartender
Never really got ahead $$$$$ - wise
But after some large stupid tips
It was mutually beneficial
So I get their appreciation of you
You were loyal and that counts for much
What comes around, goes around 100%