PSF Song of the Day

Whalehead King

The video isn't that great but the song is relatable.

Whalehead King

The subject of a recent blog post. This song has been making the rounds about the city in a new New Orleans brass band version.

I liked the original. I love the brass band remix.

Who do you think dances better: Betty or Veronica?
Whalehead King

A question we all ask ourselves every day.

What's it gonna be, then, eh?
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:56 pm The subject of a recent blog post. This song has been making the rounds about the city in a new New Orleans brass band version.

I liked the original. I love the brass band remix.

Who do you think dances better: Betty or Veronica?
Ahh Bubble Gum Rock. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Roky Erickson passed away yesterday, his band The 13th Floor Elevators was an Austin psychedelic band long before many of the more famous San Francisco bands came along. They had a unique sound as you'll hear in this video of one of their few hits in 1966, the strange bubbling sound is actually an old whiskey jug (the "electric" jug). Cool stuff! ;)
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I couldn't pick just one song... so here are my 4 favorites from Whipped Cream And Other Delights.

This is an amazing album, it got me into Herb Albert from the moment I heard it. Lonely Bull is awesome too as is What Now My Love? and Going Places. For a different take on a classic I recommend the remix version of Whipped Cream, just as awesome but different.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am I couldn't pick just one song... so here are my 4 favorites from Whipped Cream And Other Delights.

This is an amazing album, it got me into Herb Albert from the moment I heard it. Lonely Bull is awesome too as is What Now My Love? and Going Places. For a different take on a classic I recommend the remix version of Whipped Cream, just as awesome but different.
LOVE Herb! The Tijuana Brass was always in our house growing up and the fact that he signed and produced the Carpenters at A&M Records solidifies his place in music history. The only shaky thing he ever did was to try and sing This Guy's In Love. :lol:
Here's a song from the Fandango album which I bought in the early 80's. :D
Whalehead King

I love Herb Alpert and this album but I love the 'rewhipped' version of it even more.

Sample track. Lollipops and Roses:

YMMV
Bamarick

Psych Ops Planes coming back in at our base in Vietnam used to play this quite often.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:57 pm Psych Ops Planes coming back in at our base in Vietnam used to play this quite often.
Yep, probably the most favorite among the troops. ;)
My Dad was stationed at Phu Kat AFB in 68 and this song by Bobby Vinton was one of his favorites while he was over there, along with "Detroit City" by Bobby Bare.