PSF Song of the Day

Whalehead King

avid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 pm
avid wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 pm Molto Dolce in a Sav is a beautiful thing
I put this in the wrong thread... ;)
Well, I'm sure that Molto Dolce sang like a soprano in that Savinelli. I know you enjoyed it.

If I had some Molto Dolce a Sav would be my weapon of choice. I'd be dancing on through our small hotel while smoking it. Heck, I'd be dancing on air. Its a good thing we have 12 1/2 foot ceilings where I live!

When the bowl was burnt down to dottle and ash, I'd sit alone in my chair and stare at my knees.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chris can dance, yep!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm
avid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 pm
avid wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 pm Molto Dolce in a Sav is a beautiful thing
I put this in the wrong thread... ;)
Well, I'm sure that Molto Dolce sang like a soprano in that Savinelli. I know you enjoyed it.

If I had some Molto Dolce a Sav would be my weapon of choice. I'd be dancing on through our small hotel while smoking it. Heck, I'd be dancing on air. Its a good thing we have 12 1/2 foot ceilings where I live!

When the bowl was burnt down to dottle and ash, I'd sit alone in my chair and stare at my knees.
Bravo!
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

Distinctive diction and daring dance moves: those are two things that CW and WK have in common.

Celebrities like to visit New Orleans and go to off-the-tourist map places because New Orleanians don't get all flustered and fall over themselves by meeting someone famous. We all put our pants on one leg at a time. New Orleans is a city of local celebrities who are larger than life, why would get all wide-eyed and tongue tied about the Hollywood kind?

That's one reason, among many, that Brad Pitt, John Goodman, etc. love to keep a home in New Orleans. They can just hang out a bar and shoot the breeze, talk about new restaurants, and old ones, talk about the Saints, talk about the potholes. Regular life. Regular joes.

Now I can't confirm that the following story is true. As a professional innkeeper, my job is to be discreet and protect the privacy of my guests, but I have it on good authority that CW appreciates an honest cigar. Nowadays, though, it's a Pineapple Game cigar from Garcia Vega, pronounced "Garsha Vāgah.

Whoops! Did I post a machine made cigar post in the song of the day thread? No worries. Everything belongs on the Song of the Day thread, as long as it's musically related. When you're smoking a good pipe or a good cigar, it may feel like misbehaving, but it's really more like pennies from Heaven. A good smoke is like angles singing.

Another Walken moment, this one with just as much song and dance:

I've had many moments like 1:30 in that CW routine, and everything else that followed after 1:30 in that video was pretty much the same, too. Oh, what a night. I'm not at liberty to talk about it. Innkeeper/Guest confidentiality, you know. It is as sacrosanct as Attorney/Client.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

And some more Walken 'cause he's awesome.

Whalehead King

Much like fine pipe tobacco and machine made cigars, the band Rush transcends boundaries and brings people together. Everyone can agree that these upstanding and disciplined Canadian musicians can rock. I prefer older Rush, myself, classic Rush, if you will. What does a younger generation that doesn't share my demographic (or my vocabulary) think about Rush? I've been watching a few videos of these jokers reacting to Rush songs. This was the first one I watched: YYZ.

The song's uninterrupted version:

I also enjoyed their reaction to Spirit of Radio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-zKDXzBQRQ&t=31s.

Have a great PSF day!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

RUSH! One of my favorites to be sure.
Alex Lifeson is an underrated guitarist.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

Yo. This is the best use of an R&B groove and rap stylings that I've come across yet:

Rhyming Providence, Rhode Island with Columbia, South Carolina. That's the PSF way!

We put our musical moment to good use today and hopefully some of us, especially those from outside the U.S. have learned something. If you've got a rap song with a smooth groove about the provincial capitols in your country, please share. It's that kind of a day!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King

Leopold.

Have a great PSF day!