PSF Song of the Day

ncrobb
Founding Member

This is my favorite version of one of my favorite Guy Clark songs. My “LA Freeway” is a corp job.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Here's an oldie but goody, I always get a chuckle when I hear it. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King

Prolly the worst song and worst video that you will hear/see this week. Don't ask why I'm listening to 70s kid TV show themes. I am a glutton for punishment.

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
Whalehead King

oldbill wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
This recent McCartney video was shot in New Orleans. The security guard is dancing in the shop where I buy my suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSU4O7FzrRU
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm
oldbill wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
This recent McCartney video was shot in New Orleans. The security guard is dancing in the shop where I buy my suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSU4O7FzrRU
Here's a great little song that I found as I was putting together a CD set of Paul, reminds me of the Sgt Pepper days. :D
Whalehead King

I love this song:

An accordion is a sure fire way to have a hit.
Whalehead King

Alright, I don't expect everyone to be in love with "You Promised Me," by In-Grid because we all have our own musical preferences and we come from all sorts of backgrounds. I came of age at Danceteria and Limelight in the New York club scene in the 80s so I can command a dance floor when I choose to (which isn't often now that I'm over 50 and my style dates me as much as John Travolta's would date him) but I can get into a groove and take it over and get into it.

Dt-dt-dt-dt-t-t-dt-dt-dittt. ---That sells records.

Then, I see a crowd of Russkie stone-faces sitting through this song and I'm thinking to myself, Man, are these stiffs dead from the scalp down or what?

This may not be your favorite music but watching the crowd at this New Year's Eve concert is like watching paint dry. They paid money to be part of the audience so, presumably, they like they like the music. You'd never guess from their (non) reactions:

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm Alright, I don't expect everyone to be in love with "You Promised Me," by In-Grid because we all have our own musical preferences and we come from all sorts of backgrounds. I came of age at Danceteria and Limelight in the New York club scene in the 80s so I can command a dance floor when I choose to (which isn't often now that I'm over 50 and my style dates me as much as John Travolta's would date him) but I can get into a groove and take it over and get into it.

Dt-dt-dt-dt-t-t-dt-dt-dittt. ---That sells records.

Then, I see a crowd of Russkie stone-faces sitting through this song and I'm thinking to myself, Man, are these stiffs dead from the scalp down or what?

This may not be your favorite music but watching the crowd at this New Year's Eve concert is like watching paint dry. They paid money to be part of the audience so, presumably, they like they like the music. You'd never guess from their (non) reactions:

At first the blank faces were sort of disturbing to me, but after a while I couldn't help but laugh at them. I can't help but think there is something cultural going on here.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt